SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Primary Location: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision: Cox Communications IncJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: NoSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: 212249 Cox Communications is seeking a Customer Security Response Anlayst who will report to the Senior Manager, Customer Security and Abuse Operations. This individual will assist with trend analysis, process improvement, automation, and the development of new detection use cases to better protect Coxs residential and business customers. The Security Consultant is responsible for developing and improving upon detection methods for customer account takeover, malware activity, spam, hacking, and other subscriber and network-impacting incidents. The Security Consultant will maintain a high level of awareness and understanding of the pervasive threats our internet subscribers face and create procedures to help address those threats. Successful candidates will have a versatile background with strong critical thinking and analytical skills as well as an ability to research, triage, and communicate reasonable and practical risk remediation strategies to security leaders and business partners. This individual will have a proven ability to design and implement technical solutions while working through any challenges encountered. Primary Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Create Splunk log searches, dashboards, and scheduled reports to help detect and remediate account takeover and other customer security items.
- Research and remediate Residential and Cox Business compromises and account takeovers through threat hunting using new and existing Indicators of Compromise (IoCs).
- Create, document, and follow detailed operational processes and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and remediate customer security issues.
- Make improvements to existing processes and procedures such as automation of manual tasks.
- Identify security trends and changes and correlate them to current and future needs of the product team.
- 5+ years of experience working in security solutions, operations, design, development, or deployment.
- Working knowledge of security solutions and the systems development lifecycle.
- Strong Splunk skills: 2 years experience working with Splunk searches and reporting or the Splunk Core Certified Power User Certification.
- Automation and scripting experience.
- Splunk Core Certified Advanced Power User Certification.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experiences a plus.
- Incident Response, Security Engineering, or SOC experience a plus.
- At least one relevant industry certification - CISSP, CISM, CISA.
- BS/BA in a related discipline required (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.).
Security Analyst III Or Security Analyst Sr (Job Family)