SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Job DescriptionWhat You Do:In this role you will build a strong sales foundation by learning everything from prospecting, lead qualification, research, customer personas, objection handling and more. You are the first impression for our potential clients and therefore have a huge impact on PayScale's success.Day-in-the-Life:As a Sales Development Representative, a typical day may include the following…
- Collaborating with full cycle Account Executives on territory planning to develop quality opportunities within assigned geographic territories
- Qualifying all inbound leads by acting as a consultant where we seek to understand prospects needs and address them head on
- Prospecting into accounts by employing innovative techniques and strategies for researching prospective companies and potential buyers to target with persona specific communication via email, phone, and LinkedIn
- Overcoming objections and effectively communicating PayScale’s value propositions to key decision makers such as Senior Managers and Executives regarding appropriate product offerings
- High level knowledge of product offerings
- Staying current on industry trends and maintaining high level knowledge of competitor’s product offerings
- Maintaining up to date records and providing valuable market intelligence to Marketing, Sales, and Product teams in sales tools like Salesforce and Outreach
- Achieving monthly pipeline goals set by sales management
- Continuous learning through mock calls, formal training, and regular coaching and feedback
- Month 3: You will have learned the ins and outs of the role through a combination of classroom style training, frequent practice and feedback, shadowing your team members and scheduling discovery meetings for Account Executives.
- Month 6: You will be partnering with an Account Executive to strategically prospect a territory for new opportunities and continuing to hone your skills in discovery, objection handling, and targeted messaging.
- Month 12: You will be a leader on the team and take an active part in improving the team as a whole, as well as assisting newer colleagues and developing more advanced sales skills
- Bachelor's degree, or experience in sales and/or customer facing activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Curious and active listener:You have a deep hunger to learn, coupled with a willingness to experiment. You ask a lot of questions. You recognize there is a difference between "hearing" and "listening" and you even pick up on what's not being said.
- Resilient and self-motivated:You're always striving to build upon previous successes. You realize that the quickest path to success is through quick failures, so you aren't afraid to jump in and try something new.
- Detail oriented:The little things matter! You're able to craft a process that keeps you on track.
- Tech savvy:you love experimenting with new technology, and you quickly learn and adapt to new processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator:You are clear, concise, professional, and engaging over the phone. You have the ability to write a confident, persuasive, and professional email.
- Collaborative:When we all succeed, we're better for it. You share your recipe for success without even being asked.
- Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Outreach or a similar sales enablement platform
- MS Office Suite, especially Outlook
Additional InformationHiring Process:
“Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclites (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Your application is received and vetted by the Recruiting team
- We'll schedule a phone conversation with a Talent Acquisition team member to learn about your interest and potential fit
- We'll give you a prompt to research and prepare a short pitch to practice over the phone with our hiring managers
- We'll invite you to do a video interview loop with a few members of the team.
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:All around an awesome culture where together we strive to pursue excellence every day, createcustomer value and compete to win (and lose!) as a team.As part of our culture of transparency and commitment to employee engagement, we have anumber of programs and resources such as: Regular virtual company meetings Table for 4 Executive conversation Pulsing tools for continuous conversations to drive your own performance and career Strengths-based ip designed to help you engage with your peers and manager supportedthrough a program called StandOut Access to top-notch learning courses for all employees through LinkedIn Learning And we are constantly re-evaluating how our employees can be successful at work!The more standard benefits include: Flexible Paid Time Off policy – most employees average around 3 weeks per year 14 paid holidays including Independence Week, Juneteenth and World Mental HealthDay Amazing medical/dental/prescription coverage offering with 3 different plans to fit yourunique needs, helping you take control of your health including a plan that is 100%company-paid for employee premiums Access to Premera’s Healthcare Services including an Employee Assistance Program(EAP), 24-hour Nurse Hotline, Teladoc, and Talkspace Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
Sales Development Representative- United States (FULLY REMOTE)