Senior Engineer Tactical Infrastructure Engineering -Georgia, Alpharetta, 30005 Alpharetta USA
Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publixs Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.
- Build new guest servers and host hypervisors with various automation tools.
- Assist with hardware lifecycle efforts for aging systems and platforms.
- Provide technical analysis for capacity reviews for Publix Private Cloud and Heritage environments.
- Proactive approach to OS patching, hardware drivers, and firmware updates.
- Forecasting and procuring hardware to expand current environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or analytical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Two years experience supporting/troubleshooting Windows Server (2012r2/2016/2019)
- Two years experience supporting/troubleshooting virtual and/or physical Windows Clusters
- Two years experience supporting/troubleshooting VMware platforms including the VCF stack
- Two years experience supporting ESXi and Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Two years experience troubleshooting server hardware
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/IP networking including SSH and TLS interfaces
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in all communications
- Experience resolving issues within pre-defined SLAs
- Three years experience supporting/troubleshooting Windows Server (2012r2/2016/2019) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Three years experience supporting/troubleshooting VMware platforms
- Three years experience supporting ESXi and Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Experience in operational automation technologies (Chef, Puppet, Orchestrator, Octopus or SCCM)
- Experience using vRA, Terraform and/or Ansible
- Experience working in a large corporate environment including a structured Change Management process
- Solid understanding of the functional and operational practices necessary to operate in a highly available, highly secure and highly regulated environment to meet business, security, and compliance requirements
- Experience writing and maintaining technical articles
- Experience training/mentoring technical teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and a history of maintaining composure under pressure and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Experience working with Logical Volume Manager storage management with fiber channel-based SAN
- Experience with ext4 and xfs filesystems
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their managers approval: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).