Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) AnalystFlorida, Tampa bay area, 33680 Tampa bay area USA
Wits Solutions Inc. (WITS) is a SBA certified 8(a) company with headquarters in the metropolitan Washington D.C. area. WITS has been providing best-in-class solutions in professional IT and administrative consulting to various Federal, State, Local and commercial customers. At WITS, we believe in working not for our clients but with them. This is why right from the beginning; our analysts and solution-builders work closely with our clients to ensure that the project outcomes continue to deliver value long into the future. Job Description: Education: 2 years of college or equivalent post H.S. Education Experience: 3 years of Declassification, Privacy Act or FOIA related experience (less experience will be considered) Security Clearance: Secret to TS/SCI clearance required ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain case files as required for FOIA, Privacy Act, and Mandatory Declassification Review (MDR) Programs.
- Use and report all issues with Appligent, Redax, Adobe Acrobat Professional, a tasker tracking and records management tools.
- Be familiar with government records management, drafting Declarations (Affidavits) or case summaries to prepare Affidavits, Vaughn Indices, and preparing Litigations and Consultations to Litigations Responses.
- Have a familiarity of Joint Command or Combatant Command environment.
- Manage and process assignments for public release.
- Use electronic tracking systems (e.g., Task Management Tool, FOIA database, etc.).
- Annotate/Maintain information within FOIA database and case files accurately.
- Validate proper classification and ensure records are properly marked before processing.
- Analyze, research, process, review, coordinate, validate exemptions, prepare all assigned requests, e.g., initials, appeals, consultations, referrals, litigations.
- Quality check/reviews all products before submitting to government for legal review and signature.
- Provide customer service within USCENTCOM and outside agencies to meet contract deliverables.
- Coordinate with other DoD organizations or Federal agencies prior to referring records or obtaining consultations.
- Comply with USCENTCOM's FOIA processes and utilize the available tools.
- Process initial FOIA requests to include, database input, interim letter preparation and dissemination, initial tasker building, and submission for government approval within three business days.
- Perform searches to collect, preserve, and analyze records that are responsive to Litigations and FOIA/PA/MDR requests.
- All reviews will be in accordance with the USCENTCOM FOIA Guide, and applying Executive Order (EO) 13526, Classified National Security Information, as required.