SalaryUSD TBD TBD
- Contributes to overall automation framework design and improvement by implementing Java-based solutions.
- Designs test automation architecture for applications that cross multiple platforms and technologies such as UI, Micro Services (REST API's), AWS Web Services, Databases, File Handling, Remote host interaction.
- Recommends tools and frameworks to enable the automation strategy. Provides automated testing expertise to project team, seek automation issues and mentor junior resources on automation.
- Provides mentorship on Java coding standards and best practices for Test Automation Engineers.
- Stays abreast of the latest trends in automated testing and advises functional automation teams. Understands the different environments used for testing to ensure testing strategies are aligned with use of these environments.
- Fosters a cross-organization automation community conducive to knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Uses defined methods to demonstrate return on investment. Provides comprehensive, periodic reporting to ETE Leadership and provides inputs to the Management on governance reports and relevant test automation metrics
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and supervising controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters' preferred and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledge or experience in open source tools such as Selenium, TestNG, JUnit and other continuous delivery tools.
- Deep knowledge of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, Backend etc.) and CI/CD technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Maven etc.).
- Ability to conduct proof of concept evaluation efforts and identify and build plans for automation for eligible work streams.
- Experienced level understanding of the role of automation in various SDLCs (e.g. agile, scrum, waterfall) and mentoring, training and coaching resources.
- Has a growth demeanor, including thinking creatively and come up with creative solutions when tools don't work, partnering and working hands-on to provide solutions and optimally working on multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment.
- Influences and supports the culture, values, and standards of the group. Communicates key messages effectively and persuasively.