SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Job DescriptionJava / DevOps Cloud DeveloperJob DescriptionContributes to all aspects of the software development lifecycle with a focus on developing integrations using Java and other technologies.A cloud-first and DevOps-oriented software engineer with experience developing HTTP APIs and automating processes. Familiarity with traditional Java EE concepts as well as microservices.Principal Responsibilities:
- Applies solid knowledge and understanding of Java web service, REST services, SOA industry development standards and testing techniques.
- Documents both inside code and external design specifications.
- Strengthens the software delivery process based on the Agile principles.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in cloud computing and virtualization and their application. Develops standard reusable "productized" consulting service offerings and enhancements to our methodology, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates.
- Collaborates with client and practice team members to move the engagement from a solutions design concept through architectural definition to implementation of the services solution.
- Delivers a high value services solution to the client on time, within budget, and meeting all quality and solution design specifications.
- Provides services solutions implementation and delivery guidance.
- Develops an understanding of client business needs, current industry environment and market solution trends to contribute to the refinement of current or build of new practice offerings. Cultivates client relationships and develops the practice reputation as a leading edge provider of client services solutions.
- Creates and/or identifies demand for new
- Experience with cloud products: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager templates and cloud command line interfaces
- IaaS: Compute, Storage, Networking, High Availability
- Azure PaaS Services: Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, Azure AD, OAuth2
- Experience working with GigaSpaces, Git, Jenkins, Azure DevOps Mendix
- Scripting & programming languages: Java, Bash, PowerShell, Python, C#, Node.js
- Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot
- Source code management: Git
- Containers: Kubernetes, Docker
- Infrastructure as code & configuration management: Terraform, ARM, AWS Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Maven
- OS: Windows, Linux
- Web Services and API: RESTful API concepts and Open API Specification, JSON, XML
- Data Platform: SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, PostgreSQL
- Applies advanced knowledge of technical standards, principles and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Solves highly complex and unusually challenging technical problems.
- Assignments require extensive evaluation of alternatives and data.
- Solutions are highly innovative and ingenious. Is expected to make improvements to technology standards and practices.
- Works virtually independently toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Assignments are often self-initiated using independent judgment and discretion.
- Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others and only informally from direct supervisor.
- Might supervise 1 - 2 individuals who provide tactical / technical support.
- Serves as advisor to management and external spokesperson for the organization on major technical initiatives.
- Acts as an advisor to management and customers on advanced technical initiatives and applications.
- Actions guide and impact the successful completion of major projects.
- May function as a project leader.
- Effects of erroneous decisions are long-lasting, require the expenditure of extensive additional resources and will result in the organization's failure to meet objectives.