SalaryUSD $18.00 - $22.00 per hour 18.00 - 22.00 per hour
SourceVolt Services Group
Mechanical Assembly TechnicianIndividual assembles, manufactures, modifies and incorporates changes into mechanical parts and assemblies, including Simulation & Training devices and Rack-based Test Systems as well as many other mechanical items for programs and products.Responsibilities:
- Ability to manufacture and assemble both prototype and production hardware, as needed, to support product and contractual requirements.
- Suggest corrections to drawings and/or procedures to address product deficiencies or designs that encumber the build process.
- Develop and Build manufacturing fixtures and tools, suggest processes to meet design goals on new or enhanced products to enhance overall efficiency.
- Provide routine maintenance schedules and suggest periodic upgrades of power tools, mechanical equipment and fixtures/tools, as needed.
- Work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team of assembly & test personnel of varied skills and experience to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints and to develop a simple build plan to bring those drawings to reality.
- Experience with general power tools (drills, saws, planers, etc.), ability to lift 50 pounds, work in tight areas within cabinets, trainers, etc. is required.
- 2 – 4 years related experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma w/ some technical school preferred, but not required.
- Desired Skills, but not required: some experience w/ 3D Printing machines and 3D parts preparation, as well as general CAD knowledge and ability to operate a CNC Milling Machine, brakes, shears and bandsaws.