Senior/Lead Azure Cloud Developer Digital EvolutionFlorida, Lakeland, 33815 Lakeland USA
Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publixs Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers. The Digital Platforms team is responsible for all omni-channel, digital platform transformation, analytics/machine learning/personalization solutions, marketing, pricing, promotions, merchandising and customer centric systems at Publix. The Digital Platforms team is seeking a Senior or Lead Software Engineer who will be responsible for leading efforts to develop and support highly complex systems by understanding requirements, converting requirements to technical design, and leading implementation. The most suitable hire for this position will be a candidate with the capability to provide technical leadership, demonstrable strong Azure cloud application development and problem-solving skills. Further the candidate should have great written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or other analytical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience designing, developing, and supporting applications in an enterprise environment
- 5+ years experience analyzing and translating business requirements into technology solutions that consider system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, and scalability
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Design and Development (.Net)
- 5+ years of database experience (SQL Server, Cosmos DB, etc)
- 5+ years software engineering experience in web development
- 3+ years of development experience with Azure Cloud
- 1+year deploying resources to Azure using ARM Templates or Terraform through Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Experience planning and managing all activities associated with delivering solutions in a large-scale distributed internet facing environment
- Good understanding of the Azure cloud solution architecture patterns and solution design principles
- 2+ years of experience designing enterprise class solutions using object-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, UML, service-oriented architecture, and solution frameworks.
- Experience in implementing complex system integration
- Experience in designing and implementing applications using PaaS Services in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.