SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.
- Leading the development of solution architectures for both tactical and strategic projects,
- producing architecture documentation and deliverables including Architecture Plans, proofs-of-concept, standards, and roadmaps,
- providing leadership, knowledge, and experience to delivery teams on the architecture, design, and delivery of cost effective and sustainable solutions,
- ensuring proper and effective reuse of application and technical services, frameworks, and standard tools and templates in the proposed solution,
- ensuring that all aspects of the solution design follow best practices and meet the requirements of the business by participating in conceptual and physical design, participating in design reviews, and approving design deliverables,
- ensuring that code (and other implementation artifacts) adhere to standards and implement the specified design by participating in detailed reviews and providing approval,
- providing guidance to project teams in determining what functionality currently being implemented should be exposed as new services to the enterprise,
- providing training, mentoring, and knowledge transfer to project team members, and
- actively collaborating with other Architects to define new standards and best practices that are not provided for by the current architecture standards.
- Must have a bachelor s degree in computer science, or an analytical discipline, or equivalent experience,
- must have at least eight years of recent experience leading the analysis of complex business problems and translating business requirements into technology solutions that factor in system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership,
- must have at least eight years of recent experience leading the design of enterprise class solutions using object-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, UML, service-oriented architecture, and solution frameworks,
- must have recent working experience as an Architect on development projects,
- must have at least seven years of recent experience developing and deploying object oriented solutions with the Microsoft development platform including the .Net Framework, .Net Core, .Net web technologies, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps or other CI/CD tools,
- must have at least five years of recent experience working with Microsoft SQL server developing data models, Stored Procedures, and other database artifacts,
- must have at least five years of recent experience working with multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments including databases, operating systems, application servers, web servers, messaging and message brokers, web services, workflow, security, and portals,
- must have strong technical acumen with the ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies,
- must have excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to identify and estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives, and
- must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, teamwork, facilitation, consultation, and negotiation.
- Strong knowledge and experience with API technologies such as REST, gRPC, OpenAPI, and API first development,
- recent working experience building web applications using responsive frameworks and user interface libraries such as Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.,
- knowledge and recent working experience with high traffic websites exposed to the Internet,
- knowledge and experience architecting, and developing applications on mobile platforms such as iOS, and Android,
- knowledge and experience developing applications using Xamarin,
- knowledge and experience work with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Casandra,
- knowledge and experience developing and deploying cloud solutions in Azure or AWS,
- knowledge and experience with Java development platforms,
- knowledge and experience with design and performance tuning of large databases, and
- knowledge and experience with enterprise application integration technologies including Kafka, IBM WebSphere MQ, and Microsoft BizTalk Server.