SalaryUSD BASED ON EXPERIENCE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
The Automation Technician will setup, repair, and maintain the programmable logic controller (PLC) systems used within an industrial manufacturing facility to reduce manual labor and maximize efficiency. The duties require a strong knowledge of electronics, mechanics, and PLC systems. Duties Include:
- Performing preventative maintenance, troubleshoot breakdowns and installations in a modern, automated facility.
- Operates routine production machinery in accordance with prints and specifications provided. Carry out routine activities that produce the required quantity of parts within established specifications and tolerances.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance. Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area. Follow safety regulations.
- Creates and maintains machinery maintenance log.
- Proactive mentality to resurrect/refurbish machinery for a longer lifespan.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Liquid powder/Slurry filling machines
- Fully automated silicone machines
- Rotary Powder Press machines
- Large homogenizer vacuum emulsifying kettles (Double + Triple Motion Mixing)
- High-speed powder blenders
- Inkjet Batch coding machine
- Ability to work independently, as well as follow directions and work well in a team environment.
- Strong math and electronics skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Critical thinking ability.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controller (PLC) systems
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems).
- Ability to work with hand tools and various measurement instruments.
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation.
- Thorough understanding of / or the ability to quickly learn new automated production equipment.
- Possesses multiple skills in the areas of hydraulic power, manufacturing processes, electricity, and mechanical systems.
- Possesses broad based knowledge to successfully troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve problems related to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic etc.
- Working knowledge of all voltage systems (AC/DC, low and medium voltage, and 480V equipment as required).