SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Remote - Data Platform Engineer III This will be a full time and this candidate will sit in a remote capacity unless local. The Data Platform Engineer III is responsible for supporting and advocating the company's data strategy. The Data Platform Engineer III will architect, configure, deploy and manage the multi-server data platform and its overall health. The Data Platform Engineer III will be responsible for ensuring designs follow the Data Governance guidelines and the support the Enterprise data strategy. The Data Platform Engineer III will conduct Data Architecture development activities to inventory and analyze the company's data assets, and research/evaluate/support adoption of Data strategy best practices. The Data Platform Engineer III bridges the gap between business and the technical implementation of the data-based solutions. Data Platform Engineer III provides expertise as it relates to articulating business requirements into data-based solutions, decision-making of the implementation and the overall execution of the data strategy. The company relies upon this position to have extensive knowledge of data trends in order to support current and future opportunities. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to strategic and tactical projects to drive and define Data and Information Architecture and Strategy
- Design/architect, build, deploy and maintain multiple multi-server data platform applications, including data management (e.g., database, Hadoop cluster, etc.), business intelligence and data integration software and supporting servers.
- Design and implement best practice guidelines for each application.
- Production Support and support Disaster Recovery activities.
- Participate in the development of enterprise data strategy, including a Big Data strategy
- Analyzing business requirements and functional specifications and being able to derive Data based solutions that support the requirements
- Provide support on use of common enterprise information strategies and promote their use and enhancement by new projects
- Provide architectural consultation/education to the organization. "Sells" the information architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results
- Gain alignment and buy-in of technical architecture and clarifies understanding of standards
- Collaborates with DBAs and infrastructure to facilitate the implementation, maintenance and integration of new data strategies
- Tactical data analysis, data requirements gathering / documentation, data mapping, and data modeling
- Assist with Data Architect with Data Modeling
- Support enterprise data management methodology, associated standards and data strategies
- BS, BA degree in software or systems engineering, computer science, information systems management, or the equivalent
- At least 4 years overall experience in Data Strategy, including: data asset classification, ETL processes (Big Data Hadoop (HDFS, HIVE, IMPALA, KUDU), data exchange definition, data naming standards, data modeling, data interoperability standards and data governance
- Experience in the writing of detailed technical documentation, specifically business and data flow specifications
- Experience with facilitating JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes
- Experience with maintaining software running on Windows and UNIX, also experience managing the servers.
- Experience with working on Kafka Topic.
- Extensive experience with XML, additionally JSON, X12 and HL7 are preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing data governance / data stewardship procedures
- Experience in developing and implementing information architecture integration standards and guidelines
- Defining and implementing data architectures and related strategic technologies, preferably across a multinational organization
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting all other team members
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task
- Extensive knowledge of the health care/payer/provider/insurance industry, specifically standard HIPAA transactions processing systems, provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company
- Must have a demonstrated proficiency using PC skills, MS Suite products, and flowcharting tools
- Demonstrated proficiency using a data modeling tool, such as Erwin
- Understanding of web development methodologies, application design, navigation, and information architecture
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Windows, Unix (AIX) and Linux knowledge
- Excellent understanding of HIPAA Implementation Guides