SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
Educology Solutions is seeking a full time Application Tester/Technical Writer responsible for the quality of software development and deployment within the client environment. The ideal candidate will develop automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is designed as specified and meets client business requirements. Duties also include providing quality technical writing and editorial support to the development of high-quality documentation commensurate with client processes and guidelines. The candidate will support testing activities 70% the time and technical writing 30% of the time. This is a full time position, located in Washington, DC and requires a Public Trust clearance.Responsibilities and Duties
- Interact with client stakeholders to independently validate business requirements
- Identify gaps in implementation in relation to the requirements, test the application and track the issues to closure
- Automate the test cases using client approved toolsets
- Identify regression test suite and create regression test packages
- Create and maintain Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Prepare key metrics regarding application health and defect status on a periodic basis
- Create mock data, bulk data and mock workflows to test the application for functionality and performance
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, configuration, and how-to documentation.
- Creates code documentation for software and produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities
- Works independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods.
- Researches highly technical subject matter and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Prepares and maintains operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Prepares reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Works with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- The ideal candidate shall have the following skills and qualifications:
- A Bachelor s in relevant field or 4 years relevant experience may be substituted for degree
- Three (3) years of relevant technical experience within the last 5 years
- Experience documenting business and technical requirements, test cases, and acceptance criteria for multiple projects.
- Experience writing functional test cases and testing applications
- Experience design test cases and testing of information systems, including the design and test of application architecture, database and interfaces.
- Understanding and experience testing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based interfaces.
- Must possess a knowledge of the Oracle architecture and elements
- Demonstrated experience with software development lifecycle, and project management and/or Agile methodology.
- Strong writing, grammar, editing skills, including ability to adhere to multiple style guides
- Solid editing experience with great attention to detail
- Familiarity with the use of plain language
- Ability to create style guides in Microsoft Word
- Familiar with 508 compliance