Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range$116,400.00 - $192,100.00Target Openings1What Is the Opportunity?BI's Information Management & Analytics group is seeking an engaged, supportive leader for our growing Third-Party Data team. In this role, you'll be responsible for setting a strategy for our third-party data practice, working across BI and Enterprise groups to incorporate BI's needs into Travelers strategy, and supporting and working with the team directly. IM&A is committed to empowering and supportive leadership; we expect all leaders to be strong in communication, collaboration, and employee coaching.The team's core functions include:• Third-party data exploration and evaluation;• Troubleshooting, researching, and acting as a liaison for enabled capabilities in support of business teams;• Facilitating maximum business value delivery via our third-party data assets within the terms of permissible use;• Governance including timely support for issue resolution, compliance, permissible use, transaction monitoring, invoice tracking and reconciliation.This position requires prior experience in Third Party Data evaluations, execution, and governance.General job duties: Work with business customers to determine how Third Party information and analytic solutions can be leveraged to support business strategies, capabilities, and processes. Accountable for leading/performing full spectrum of third party data functions for projects/programs of all complexity levels, including those with high Senior Management visibility.This position is responsible for: Leading alignment of business needs to function-specific roadmap; Socializing roadmap with business users; collaborating with business owners and the Senior Leadership team to develop strategies and solutions; identifying opportunities to utilize external data sources; identifying opportunities to leverage existing solutions as appropriate; demand management process including business prioritization and impact analysis of business processes, and relationship with business partners community.This position will have direct reports.This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. #LI-RemotePrimary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expertise on Travelers enterprise business architecture to enable integrated solutions.
- Understands the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies to ensure alignment of business needs to market roadmaps.
- Ensures that the business capability align to the business intelligence and data strategy roadmap.
- Resolves issues on BI initiatives between business users and technology team.
- Accountable for/oversees business engagement model including best practices regarding implementation readiness and user adoption.
- Responsible for managing and fostering collaborative business and IT relationships.
- Responsible for the ongoing rationalization of business intelligence assets to ensure they are providing the utmost value for the business customer.
- Review and provide expertise to project requirements.
- Responsible for demand management including business prioritization, impact analysis of business processes, and relationship management with business partners community.
- Designs or provides direction and support on Business Analyst best practices along with mentoring and coaching.
- Accountable for/oversees developing best regarding implementation readiness, user adoption, support, including communication, training and rollout plans on business intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for the design and consistency of the requirement gathering process and approach.
- Accountable for ensuring that data management practices and governance are adhered to.
- Leads projects of all complexity, including with high Senior Management visibility.
- Establishes and leads business teams to drive strategies and business outcomes.
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, or equivalent education and 6 years of analytics experience required; or, 9 years analytics work experience required.
- Minimum of 6 years supporting the development of Business Intelligence solutions required.
- Minimum of 4 years in leadership role on projects required.
- Demonstrated advanced analytic and diagnostic skills required.
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, or equivalent education and 8 years of related experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion and to lead others to do so as well.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others across levels of organization and to lead others.
- Advanced business acumen.
- Seeks opportunities to learn and to influence others.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience and ability using Business Intelligence tools (as an end user) preferred.
- Conceptual data modeling ability preferred.
- Ability to Interact effectively with others across functions and levels within organization.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others ideas seriously and accept feedback.
- Build and maintain credibility with others.
- If incumbent leads others, advanced leadership skills including ability to:
- Leverage Differences.
- Manage in participative manner.
- Develop employees.
- Manage change effectively.
- Inspire others and promote a vision.
- Understand and navigate organization.
- Advanced skill/competency level: demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability; can apply the competency in new or complex situations. May guide other professionals.