Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range$97,200.00 - $160,400.00Target Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Work with business customers to determine how Business Intelligence information and analytic solutions can be leveraged to support business strategies, capabilities, and processes. Accountable for leading/performing full spectrum of business analysis functions for projects/programs of all complexity levels, including those with high Senior Management visibility. This position is responsible for: Developing the business analysis strategy and leading analysis on complex business intelligence initiatives from idea to implementation. Leading or performing elicitation, analysis and documentation of business intelligence requirements. Coordinating and executing user acceptance testing. Communicating business intelligence requirements to diverse stakeholder groups to create a shared understanding of the business needs; go-to-person for business analysis on business intelligence initiatives. Acting as a liaison on Business Intelligence initiatives between business users and technology team. Participating in the collaboration with business owners to develop business strategies for business intelligence solutions. Participating in the development of Business Intelligence capabilities and ensures alignment of these capabilities to Business Intelligence strategies and roadmaps.Specific responsibilities include: The candidate will act as Product Owner/Team Lead and will lead multiple Agile execution team(s) within the Business Insurance Data & Analytics Shared Value Stream Information Insights circle. In this role, you will lead agile team (s) to build , deliver, and support various analytics needs across BI and Enterprise. This role will work closely with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Senior Leadership, and Agile coaches to ensure appropriate planning and execution of analytics priorities, in alignment with BI objectives. As a Product Owner, you will work with Sr. Product owner/peers to build and coach a high performance team to adapt and improve services and capabilities. You will also be responsible for both managing and prioritizing the team backlog in accordance with top priority work across Business Insurance. You will own multiple outcomes and work with product managers/peers helping grow our teams and into Agile mindset and gain more business knowledge while building a great relations with stakeholders and customer success organization. You have a Product Mindset focused on defining a product value proposition that aligns with and supports the circle/value stream objectives and which is the north star for the team. Other responsibilities within this role will include.• Accountable for agile execution in partnership with Tech Lead, Scrum Master and Customer Success• Work with the team to define dependencies, risks and acceptance criteria • Coach / train and support team to effective execution based on business understanding• Define, prioritize and ensure a ready backlog of work for a smaller scale product team, accept final product output, focusing on achievement of defined outcomes versus defining how the work is completed.• Understand and implement team goals and strategy, ensuring alignment with circle and value stream vision; Articulate team goals and strategy effectively to key stakeholders, Circle Leads and team members.• Own team backlog, including prioritization and refinement; Make trade-off decisions to maximize value.• Partner with Circle Leads and peers to effectively communicate resources required to achieve defined business outcomes.• Foster an innovative, inclusive and diverse team environment, promoting positive team culture, encouraging collaboration and self-organization.• Coach, guide and mentor junior team leads and develop them into true product owners.• Have awareness of progress, changes and/or issues and communicate up as necessary.This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. #LI-RemotePrimary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the business capability requirements align to the business intelligence and data strategy roadmaps.
- Defines the capabilities that satisfy the broader business objectives and value proposition.
- Review and provide business expertise to project requirements on Travelers business processes, products, and/or supporting systems.
- Provides expertise in business analyst best practices in business intelligence; champions business intelligence business analyst practices by creating, refining, and executing new processes and providing support to other analysts.
- Leads the ongoing rationalization of business intelligence assets to ensure they are providing utmost value for business outcomes.
- Facilitates large, cross functional requirement sessions about complex information needs and documents requirements; includes working with stakeholders to prioritize requirements based on BI capabilities and business needs.
- Ensures that business intelligence requirements are compliant, auditable, unambiguous and understood clearly by all business and IT stakeholders; communicates the bigger picture of requirements and solves communication issues across multiple assignments.
- Ensures that business intelligence solution meets the business objectives and is aligned with the business intelligence roadmap.
- Aids in demand management including business prioritization, impact analysis of business processes, and relationship management with business partners community.
- Design and implement business analyst best practices.
- Responsible for developing best practices regarding implementation readiness, user adoption, support, including communication, training and rollout plans on business intelligence solutions.
- Aids in the determination and consistency of the requirement gathering process and approach for the project.
- Responsible for managing and fostering collaborative business and IT relationships.
- Recommends and ensures to all data management practices and governance.
- Point of contact for business throughout and after project implementation.
- Understands the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Utilizes project management practices when applicable.
- Partners with more senior leaders to ensure that data management practices and governance are adhered to.
- Leads complex projects as required, including those with Senior Management accountability.
- Coaches, mentors and develops team members.
- Bachelors Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, or equivalent education and six years of business analysis experience required; or, 7 years analytics work experience required.
- 4 years supporting the development of Business Intelligence solutions required.
- 2 years in leadership role on projects required.
- Demonstrated advanced analytic and diagnostic skills required.
- 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion and to lead others to do so as well.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others across levels of organization and lead others.
- Advanced business acumen.
- Seeks opportunities to learn and to influence others.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience and ability using Business Intelligence tools (as an end user) preferred.
- Conceptual data modeling ability preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions and levels within organization.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others ideas seriously and accept feedback.
- Build and maintain credibility with others.
- If incumbent leads others, advanced leadership skills including ability to:
- Leverage Differences, manage in participative manner, and develop employees.
Senior Director Business Delivery - Claim Strategy Lead