Senior Software Engineer - Business Customer ExperienceConnecticut, Hartford, 06101 Hartford USA
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range$117,500.00 - $193,900.00Target Openings1What Is the Opportunity?The Bond and Specialty Insurance Commercial Customer Journey is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team as we work to design and develop and enhance solutions which delight our commercial customers. We partner with business and technical teams across the enterprise to leverage design thinking practices and strategic solutions to provide the best onboarding, service, and renewal experiences. As a member of our team you would be expected to use your technical and business knowledge to drive the planning and execution of complex strategic initiatives which span multiple business units. You would partner with business and technical teams to design, develop, test, and release solutions that meet their functional and non-functional requirements. You will also help drive strategic technical initiatives which improve our responsiveness to business needs, simplify our technical landscape and ensure we are operating in an efficient and sustainable manner.Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with many modern technology stacks including Java, Node.js, and React.
- Leverage modern architecture principles such as cloud-native deployments (AWS), and APIs.
- Perform complex analysis, advanced level design, configuration and develop functions for impactful and high-visibility tasks.
- Take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to moderately complex, loosely scoped problems that are aligned with team goals.
- Deliver efforts both independently and by leading other team members.
- Lead investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents.
- Act as a technology advocate, independently seeking opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship while fostering a team environment.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned efforts.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience.
- Three years of programming/development experience.
- Five years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Delivery - Advanced delivery skills including the ability to determine the software design strategy and methodology to be used for efforts, use automated tests, analysis, and informed feedback loops to ensure the quality and production readiness of work before release, monitor the health of work efforts and that of adjacent systems.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to develop business partnerships and influence priorities by identifying solutions that are aligned with current business objective and closely follow industry trends relevant to domain, understanding how to apply them, and sharing knowledge with coworkers.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver who utilizes data and proofs of concepts to find creative solutions to difficult problems, reflects on solutions, measuring their impact, and uses that information to ideate and optimize. Also adept at making decisions that involve a significant number of factors with broad implications.
- Communication - Strong communicator who possesses the ability to describe technology concepts in ways the business can understand, document initiatives in a concise and clear manner, collaborate effectively with teammates and others regardless of role, quickly extract core issues from discussions and meetings, give and receive constructive feedback, offer help when asked, and ensure everyone has a chance to share their thoughts and are heard; an attentive and empathetic listener.
- Leadership - Advanced leadership skills with the ability to take action even when there is no clear owner, inspire and motivate others, and be effective at influencing team members.
Sr. Software Engineer - Digital Experience Platform