Software Engineer (React Native, React, AWS, Mobile Development)Connecticut, Hartford, 06101 Hartford USA
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range$86,300.00 - $142,400.00Target Openings5What Is the Opportunity?Travelers is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will complete intermediate end to end engineering tasks for specific system assignments including developing, analyzing, configuring, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, documenting, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on user or system design specifications, as well as participating in troubleshooting, conducting impact analysis and escalating appropriately.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, design, development, and configuration functions as well as define technical requirements for assignments of intermediate complexity.
- Participate with team to perform analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity and escalate appropriately.
- Work within guidelines set by team to independently tackle well-scoped problems.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Experience in native mobile application development using React Native is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- One year of programming/development experience.
- Three years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience working with Agile teams.
- Delivery - Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation discussions.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Problem Solving - Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems rather than working around them, recognize mistakes using them as learning opportunities and break down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members, take in well- scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and listen when others are speaking.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth opportunities.
Sr Software Engineer (Guidewire Technical Lead)
Sr. Software Engineer - Guidewire Integration
Senior Software Engineer (React, NodeJS, Director)
Software Engineer, Host/Cobol/DB2
Software Engineer (Salesforce, APEX, REST API)