SalaryUSD TBD TBD
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a full time Data Analyst to support our operations at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain a relational database in support of the Undersea Health Epidemiology Research Program (UHERP) research effort .
- Perform database administration tasks including installation, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, tuning, and backup/recovery using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Perform database maintenance tasks such as dumps/uploads and upgrades.
- Import data into a MSFT SQL environment using scripts or other automated methods.
- Monitor data integrity, manage data cleaning/quality control, and perform data validation and integrity checks.
- Write and manage complex SQL data queries, stored procedures, schema, trigger, etc. from end user requirements.
- Maintain compliance with applicable security protocols.
- Manage database logins/permissions and oversee database access.
- Ensure database availability.
- Consistently meet task deadlines while maintaining high quality of deliverables.
- Author procedural and standards documents for databases.
- Promote adherence to database policies within the program.
- Perform troubleshooting investigations of databases and coordinate resolution of problems.
- Stay abreast of Microsoft SQL server updates and implement plan for rolling out relevant features and upgrades.
- Transfer paper-based records from external sources onto computerized systems.
- Build and manipulate analytic datasets.
- Perform basic data analyses independently and support senior NSMRL staff on complex analyses, including data modeling.
- Participate in formation of research questions and epidemiological analysis plans.
- Interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
- Perform other administrative, analytic, and database duties as needed to support SERP.
- Adhere to security procedures to protect the database from accidental or intentional damage or loss. Perform backup of databases, as needed.
- Development and implementation of applications for data retrieval and entry.
- Document database design and development.
- Design and distribute free standing as well as ad hoc reports.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science and 4-8 years of prior experience; however, significant SQL and database experience and current COMP TIA Security + Certification may be applicable in lieu of education.
- COMP TIA Security+ Certification is required.
- Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Candidates must demonstrate an understanding and experience with handling personally identifiable information (PII)/protected health information (PHI), including a thorough knowledge of HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
- DoD database experience, particularly Military Health Systems
- Skills should include a foundational and theoretical understanding of general scientific principles.
- Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.