SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Please review the job details below.Maxar is currently seeking several Software Engineering Managers to join our Space Programs Delivery teams in Westminster, CO and/or San Jose / Palo Alto, CA.Life with UsIn this role, you will lead an amazing Software team to put satellites in orbit around the earth and moon. Specific departments include: Flight Software, Dynamics & Controls Analysis, Simulation, Ground Software, V&V, and Software Systems.Your Projects: You will lead a team of 10-15 engineers using Scaled Agile Framework to partner with our customers like NASA to develop the Power Propulsion Element (PPE) for the Moon Gateway (Artemis) to send the first woman and the next man back to the moon. You will be responsible for new avionics software integrations, establish software platforms, conduct dynamics spacecraft analyses, develop ground control software, develop spacecraft simulators, and/or drive validation & verification for all satellite software projects.What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness. You will work with your manager to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your supervisor, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.Your responsibilities:
- Acting as a change agent, lead your Space Programs Delivery (SPD) Software (SW) department in the adoption of Scaled Agile practices.
- Lead your department teams to develop & deliver program commitments on-time & on-budget, meeting all customer scope & quality requirements.
- Working with the Agilists in your department, develop, maintain & publish KPI's for your area.
- Coach and support continuous improvement within the team.
- Assist other peer leaders in overall SW & SPD team transformation activities.
- Drive, develop and maintain a 6Q rolling forecast of team capacity vs demand.
- Define, develop and implement engineer training plans.
- Contribute to the development of SW Eng processes, procedures and work instructions, including Agile, CMMI-3 & NASA compliance.
- Contribute to defining the SPD SW architecture roadmap.
- Represent a solutions-based approach to business hurdles & spread that throughout the org.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 10 years of software development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a project lead or manager
- Previous experience in software development, management systems, software finance accountability, and as a software project lead
- 15+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of Lead or Management experience
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field
- Active U.S. Government security clearance
- Experience working with both local & remote teams
- Recent relevant experience operating in SAFe, Scaled Agile Framework
- Experience writing software in C, Java, Golang
- Worked on satellite software development from inception to launch
- Experience with large-scale satellite software development projects
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with RTOS and Greenhills
- Experience with CMMI-3
- Successfully led enterprises to an adoption of Agile practices
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to translate complex information into ideas and effectively communicate
- Strong cross-functional team collaboration skills
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills