SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Please review the job details below.Maxar is currently seeking anInformation System Security Officer (ISSO) to join our team in Westminster, CO. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the Information Systems Security Program (SSP) developed by the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for a particular accredited system or systems. You will work as part of a team including Information System Security Engineers (ISSE) and the ISSM to assist in the development, maintenance, and continuous operation of information systems in accordance with the SSP(s) and the operational controls required to implement the SSP to ensure that systems are compliant with the applicable assessment and authorization process.Responsibilities:
- Ensure performance of system, server, and workstation audits weekly. Preparare weekly audit report on findings and anomalies.
- Process user account request and providing system security briefings before granting system access. Contribute to the continuous monitoring and protection of accredited information systems.
- Support the overall enterprise strategy for information security, technology risk management, and compliance.
- Participate in the evaluation of suspected security breaches, work with subject matter experts, and recommend corrective actions.
- Document any special security requirements identified as well as protection measures implemented to fulfill these requirements for the information contained in the IS.
- Perform ongoing testing and evaluation of the IS under the system security plan. Evaluate proposed changes or additions to the IS and advises the ISSM of their security relevance.
- Develop and maintain training materials to educate managers, administrators, and users about the importance of system and data security, their roles in safeguarding information, and ways to observe, report, and implement changes in the environment to maintain system and data security.
- Practice and apply operations security (OPSEC) at all times.
- with an active U.S. Government Secret secruity clearance and be willing and about to obtain Top Secret/SCI accesses
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Counter Intelligence Polygraph required after award of SCI accesses
- Minimum of 0 years of security experience
- Introductory level knowledge of Information Security or Information technology standards
- Ability to earn a Security + certification within 6 months of hire, or equivalent certification meeting DoD 8570/8140 requirements
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Secruity experience working in a medium-to-high complexity production environment
- Current possession of an up to date Security + CE certification, or equivalent certification meeting DoD 8570/8140 requirements
- Experience with public company security or IT compliance management
- Experience with ICD 503, DCID 6/3, NISPOM and related U.S. Government standards and requirements
- Initiative driven attitude and a willingness to take on challenging tasks independently
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects, appropriately manage expectations, make difficult judgment calls and communicate complex issues in an easy to understand format
- At least 1 year experience administering accredited information systems
- Introductory knowledge of UNIX and Windows system administration practices, access control, and auditing/logging procedures within an enterprise class environment
- Introductory knowledge of network administration and security practices and procedures, including routine network auditing within an enterprise class environment
- Introductory knowledge of security related tools including vulnerability assessment tools, Host Based Security Systems, log aggregation and SIEMs, File Integrity Monitoring Software
- Ability to prepare multiple types of documentation, policies, guides, communications, presentations, etc.