SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Please review the job details below.Maxar is seeking a Sr. DevOps Manager to lead the GCS DevOps team, based in Westminster, CO. This position may also work remotely within the U.SIn this role you will serve as a leader and coach for a DevOps team responsible for supporting highly resilient, highly scalable operations in AWS. Operations run 24x7x365; the team supports during normal business hours and with a pager duty rotation. This team keeps the backbone of Earth Intelligence product orchestration running effectively and supports new feature deployment through CI/CD.In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be able to set objectives to maintain and improve operational posture, grow with the business and address customer needs. You will need to partner and influence the organization on best practices and opportunities. You will be responsible for the growth and career development of the full team, identifying industry trends and positioning team members with opportunities to gain experience and grow skills.Responsibilities:
- Build and develop the DevOps team
- Manage workforce to support 24x7 operations, including on-call rotations through pager duty
- Provide global thought leadership on the application lifecycle management
- Enable developer velocity through robust CI/CD tools and practices
- Ensure highly efficient and repeatable AWS usage through infrastructure-as-code best practices
- Establish a vision for effective service, system and workflow monitoring and automated incident recovery
- Work with key stakeholders across Maxar Earth Intelligence to take ownership of the operational health, security, growth, usability, cost, and design of our production and developer infrastructure systems.
- Collaborate across engineering to drive ownership of production systems, enable faster decision making and transparent observability into system health.
- Lead and focus team on root cause analysis, pattern identification and continuous improvement in order to optimize application performance, resiliency and reliability.
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards and make recommendations for improvement
- Participate in the Agile software development process and advocate for sustainment development features are appropriately prioritized
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain a U.S. Government Secret or higher security clearance
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, or System Engineering. 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, preferably in a software development or delivery organization with increasing responsibilities. A Master's degree may account for 2 years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years managing or leading technical teams
- Demonstrated success working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams through complex system outages and recovery efforts
- Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure, AWS
- Extensive experience collaborating with a software engineering organization to deliver enterprise service levels to market
- Understand engineering needs and translate them into systems that can be replicated, automated and monitored to ensure compliance and operational standards
- The ability to drive major projects across teams and within a team.
- Previous experience leading DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts, including Infrastructure as code utilizing tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Natural curiosity and desire for accountability
- Team oriented mindset
- Current Active Secret or higher Security Clearance