SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Please review the job details below.Maxar is seeking an R&D Scientist to join our Research & Development team in Westminster, CO. In this role, you will build state-of-the-art, Cloud-based image processing, computer vision, and photogrammetric algorithms for improving the geometric accuracy of our massive petabyte-scale imagery archive. We work on a wide variety of image processing topics ranging from machine learning to physics-based models with the goal of understanding our changing planet, and geometric accuracy is key to that success. You will contribute to rewarding and challenging projects of national and worldwide importance. Responsibilities
- Develop innovative, scalable algorithms and robust, production-level software for advanced image processing projects, including image registration, orthorectification, and geometric accuracy.
- Work collaboratively with scientists, technical leads, product managers, customers, and end users to collect requirements, design solutions, and deliver software.
- Act as technical lead for preliminary and advanced design studies and prepare portions of engineering and R&D proposals.
- Represent the organization in business development, including briefing customers on company capabilities.
- or Permanent Resident
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a related STEM discipline, or a Master's degree in the same fields plus a minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Experience with software development and algorithm design using C and Python
- Advanced expertise and proven track record in a subset of the following: image processing, computer vision, photogrammetry, numerical methods, mathematical optimization, and inverse problems.
- Experience in software design and development, including proficiency with modern software development practices and tools
- Professional experience with object-oriented software development
- Proven background in designing and implementing complex algorithms
- Experience with multi-threaded programming, distributed parallel processing, and/or GPU computing in an HPC cluster environment or cloud computing environment, such as AWS.
- Experience building applications in AWS; proficiency with Docker containers, Jenkins continuous integration, and continuous delivery approaches to software development and deployment in cloud-based environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with remote and/or geographically distributed teams