Job typeFull Time
SourceWinter Park Resort
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Rental Manager is responsible for 1-4 Rental Locations/Operations with Revenues between 1.5M and 4M yearly. The Rental Manager must maximize guest service, employee experience and financial opportunities in the rental operation by managing, coordinating and evaluating rental shop activities and staff in a fast paced, ever changing rental environment. The rental manager assumes the primary leadership role of the assigned shops/operations including monitoring of expenses and labor costs, staff administration, inventory control, management of facilities, vendor relations and sales systems. Must be willing and able to initiate and react appropriately to changes both suggested and implemented by the Senior Leadership team. The Rental Manager is responsible for both ski and bike rental operations year round.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
Maximize Equipment Rentals and Revenue
- Assist the Sr. Manager in developing short and long term goals, and policies and procedures to maximize revenue.
- Train staff in policies and procedures to minimize cycle times and create loyalty among guests.
- Ensure equipment is in Rentable condition and complies with all ASTM testing requirements
- Prepare and organize back stocked inventory for high volume times.
- Ensure smooth planning and fulfillment of group business by working closely with group sales and the rental services assistant manager.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure accuracy, accountability and security of all rental assets.
- Inventories up to $2 million annually
- Revenue up to $4 million annually
- Expenses up to $50,000 annually
- Contribution up to $3 million annually
Assure Guest Satisfaction
- Train staff in guest service, teamwork, safety, equipment knowledge and liability compliance
- Monitor NPS surveys to identify problem areas and create solutions
- Communicate information to all staff to ensure knowledge of Winter Park activities, events and changes.
- Work directly with departments including, but not limited to, SRS, Guest Services, Central Reservations, Group Sales and IT Operations in order to create seamless guest satisfaction.
Maintain Communication and Encourage Team Play
- Attend Weekly Retail/Rental Meetings
- Share pertinent company and retail/rental information with staff during mandatory morning meetings
- Create training programs for new and returning rental employees
- Initiates weekly 1 on 1s with all direct reports
- Provide feedback to direct and indirect reports, including but not limited to, coaching sessions, mid-season, seasonal and year-round reviews.
- Corrects and disciplines staff in accordance with all Human Resources SOPs
Mitigate Loss and Liability
- Works directly with the Rental Services Assistant Manager to set and follow established inventory control practices
- Establishes SOPs to complete and track daily inventory of ski, snowboard and bike equipment
- Complies with all ASTM testing and tracking of skis.
Maintain Proper Staffing Levels and Enforce Employee Appearance Guidelines
- Primary scheduler for all direct and indirect reports
- Enforce Employee Appearance guidelines based on WP Employee Handbook and Rental Department standards
- Use store budgets to create schedules and monitor expenses
- Interview, Hire and Train all front line staff
- Enforce and follow established safety guidelines, policies and procedures – including all binding certifications for staff.
Provide Education and Support
- Assist the Senior Manager in scheduling clinics and maintaining strong relationships with sponsors and vendors
- Develop management and supervisor candidates
- Provide strong leadership for staff while offering compassion and understanding for individual team members.
- Act as a positive and encouraging role model while maintaining and supporting company policies and procedures and ensuring enforcement as necessary.
The Rental Manager must possess excellent guest and employee management skills, good written and oral communication skills, computer skills, team player attitude, and cash handling skills. Days and hours may vary but will include weekends and holidays. Must be able to work weekends and holidays and regular 40 hour work weeks in a shop open from 7am-8pm. Longer hours may be required during holidays and high volume times.OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.Education & Experience Requirements
- College Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Supervisory/Leadership Training or Equivalent Leadership Experience
- Rental specific training and certificates or equivalent experience preferred
- 2 years of rental experience and 1 year of general management experience, or 3-4 years of general management experience
- Experience in hiring and training
- Experience in Business Management
- Experience in Guest Services and Public Relations
- Experience in Computer Systems
- Experience in POS Systems
- Must be able to ski or walk to all locations.
- Must be able to stand for entire shift.
- Must be able to speak English, and enunciate clearly.
- Must speak/hear clearly over telephone.
- Must have valid Driver’s License
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Salary pay range: $50,000-$53,000 annuallyPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
- Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.