R&D Software Development EngineerJob Description:Job DescriptionR&D Software Development Engineer Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. Join Micro Focus to become part of this innovation-just like the impact we're having as the official technical partner of Jaguar TCS Racing . We provide world-class software and services to support their push for more points, podiums, and winsboth on and off the track in the fast-changing environment of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship.About the RoleThe R&D Software Development Engineer analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet- related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. https://www.microfocus.com/en-products/operations-bridge-suite/overview has details about our Operations Bridge portfolio.The R&D Software Development Engineer
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
- Experience with programming in Java or Java Script or both
- UI development experience
- Nice to have: Experience with UI development frameworks such as Angular, React
- Working experience with Jenkins, GitHub
- Agile development methodologies
- Using software applications design tools and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software applications running on multiple platform types. Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate