- End to end API and integration experience.
- Analyze and help define data, workflow, environment, system and software interfaces
- Prepare detailed API design documents and specifications
- Establish and document full life cycle of API management standards and best practices
- Build out secure integration APIs to interface with a diverse set of systems
- Set up CI/CD implementation using tools like GitLab/Argo CD/EKS
- Responsible for identifying gaps between current systems and desired end-state; creating a roadmap to deliver end-state solutions.
- Under minimal supervision, designs, develops and/or repairs logic that drives moderately complex software systems/application functionality.
- Works closely with more senior staff on more complex and/or integrated programming issues.
- Performs key portions of the system development lifecycle including designing, coding, code reviews with peers prior to submitting for QA, unit testing, documenting, installing, maintaining, and supporting proprietary and/or purchased software systems/applications.
- Performs unit and performance testing on code and documents findings within defined scope.
- Develops enhancements to satisfy end-user requirements.
- Completes moderately complex project tasks within defined milestones.
- May lead or manage projects. May train and mentor less experienced staff.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an API developer with deep understanding of API implementations or combination of education and experience
- Well versed with Java, Spring Boot, APIGEE and similar technologies
- Direct experience or working knowledge with AWS technologies including ECS/EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Terraforms and Kafka
- Sound knowledge with authorization and authentication approaches like oAuth, SSO/SAML
- Experience with build tools like maven, gradle and unit test tools like Junit, Mocito
- Foundational experience with service orchestration and messaging technology
- Experience with end to end API Platform setup and implementation
- Experience with Agile development methodologies