JOB SCOPEResponsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's video transportation and delivery systems. This is a multi-tiered design/development & support role that interacts with Video Product & Video Operations Teams, CPE manufacturers, and Supply Chain to provide video solutions. The role is responsible for participating in the development of technical architectures and direction across a set of internal business applications, leading cross functional technical development efforts, delivering business critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met, as advised, by Video Operations leadership. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the testing of new firmware, software, and hardware supporting Charter's video solutions.
- Implement test plans to validate functional, performance, and business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for video acquisition, processing, and encoding solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and deployment of new test tools and automation frameworks.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, mentoring, and technical guidance to team members.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understand the technical roadmaps within Video Operations to ensure compliance with established technical solutions/architectures.
- Participate in the development of project cost estimates and schedule forecasts.
- Develop, design and implement video transportation solutions.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video transportation related projects.
- Support operations and work with vendors and engineering, as needed, to resolve customer or redundancy related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working within a video operations environment
- Minimum three (3) years video engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of video transportation experience
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Video acquisition, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation, using such equipment as: Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP1000/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, and Harmonic ProStreams and common cable CPE
- Advanced knowledge of Video Compression: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264, HEVC, J2K, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Compression: Dolby AC3, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC, etc.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching
- Perform network planning, architecture design, and configuration for Cisco routers and Juniper routers and switches, including device turn up.
- Experience with Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams including Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco CCNA, SBE Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE) , or Advanced DVB & MPEG Stream Structure, Analysis and Troubleshooting certification)