- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make systems more efficient.
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM).
- Partner with Engineering to design and test system designs.
- Work with the field on the implementation of network related projects and other standardization efforts.
- Interact with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design flaws.
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one (1) years engineering work experience
- Minimum one (1) years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Minimum one (1) years of experience with internal/external direct customer contact in a technical environment (Headend, Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Must be open to working 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift
- Strong knowledge and operational use of video surveillance systems and resolution implementation, following established operations procedures.
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing, encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Arris and Ericsson.
- Basic understanding and experience with Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, Imagine BNPs and APEX1k-3k.
- Understanding of video network architecture, data networking, system operations, and HFC cable systems are required.
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving HLS & Smooth Streaming technologies.
- One or more of the following certifications: SCTE BTCS, SCTE Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), SBE SBNT (Certified Broadcast Networking Technologist), SBE-CTO (Certified Television Operator)
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs, industry vendors' a plus