JOB SCOPEDrive strategic direction and management of the video operations staff across various platforms, in various locations, with varying degrees of technology. Deploy and ensure consistent, structured and disciplined practices to ensure stable product delivery consistent with company initiatives and expectations. Support Regional and market operations to ensure unparalleled customer experience.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the deployment, operation and restoration of video products and solutions.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Lead Video Operations such as VOD content management systems (eCMS), CDN (Akamai), Backoffice (CMM / MDMS), delivery (Synamedia / Vecima) and CPE devices to ensure optimal performance
- Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Direct quality control programs for video operations and ensure consistent operational procedures
- Assist in management and execution of products and projects driven by video product and engineering
- Research issue and resolution of action items as needed and directed by Charter
- Oversee lifecycle management of field hardware and software
- Ensure that all engineers have an active development plan and are progressing in their skill sets.
- Ensure effective outage management and drive issues to root cause
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Video Control and Distribution Systems experience
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory management experience
- Is able to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks, while supervising and motivating others within the team.
- Strong knowledge / operational background as either a team member of another Operations Center, NOC or Computer Operator
- Ability to work with internal/external clients, various operation support groups, vendors, carriers and utilize all network tools and resources to resolve the majority of trouble tickets assigned.
- Experience with Federal Communications Commission regulations and reporting compliance
- Knowledge of telecom industry products and services.
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN design and operation
- Experience in working with VOD content management systems (eCMS), CDN (Akamai), Backoffice (CMM / MDMS), delivery (Synamedia / Vecima) and CPE devices.
- Has worked with IP Video Delivery solutions, Video Solutions and IP Multi-cast.
- Strong knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & other related technologies.
- Ability to work with personal computer and software applications.
- Will require being on call to support the engineers every other week
- May work in Network Lab environment or 24X7 Network Operations environment