- Responsible for restoration of video and operational issues escalated from the Network Operation Centers, troubleshooting and providing technical mitigations to operational problems.
- Intermediate configuration and support of advanced video equipment such as SDV/VOD, interactive cable set-top box controllers, multiplexers, MPEG transport, edge QAMs.
- Create and maintain technical documentation of processes and procedures used throughout normal video operations.
- Interact with vendors and internal Charter engineering teams to mitigate and resolve issues quickly.
- Track and update progress and details in trouble ticketing system while troubleshooting and performing fix actions
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to quickly mitigate issues and restore the customer's services.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Video Engineering, Networking or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years video or network engineering work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications, networks or systems
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with internal/external technical support in a video technical environment (Headend, Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Must be open to shift/overnight work
- Ability to work on remote video equipment and to take initiative to learn multiple video systems, devices and architectures in in a faced paced, quick restoration focused environment.
- Understanding of MSO video network architecture, data networking, system operations, and HFC cable systems are required.
- Basic to intermediate experience or knowledge of interactive set top controller systems such as Arris/Commscope DACs and Synamedia/Cisco DNCS/ECs and their components, Channel lineup systems, Switched Digital Video (SDV) technologies and Video on Demand (VOD).
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing, encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Ateme and MediaKind.
- Intermediate understanding and experience with Video acquisition, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation platforms such as Cisco DCMs, Arris CAPs, DM6400 Cherry Pickers, Harmonic ProStream, MediaKind, Imagine etc.
- Basic or intermediate experience with MPEG monitoring such as IQ, Telestream Sentry, or MTSAs
- Basic or intermediate experience with Edge QAMs such as APEX1k-3k, NSGs.
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving Live & Smooth Streaming technologies such as HLS, DASH.
- One or more of the following certifications or similar preferred: SCTE BTCS, SCTE Fundamentals of SDV, Digital Video and MPEG, DVEP, IPEP or CCNA a plus.
- Linix or Red Hat certification or experience a plus
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs, industry vendors' a plus
- Experience in technical troubleshooting and problem solving