This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days).JOB SCOPE The Video Support Center Core (VSCC) is a fast paced 24x7 break/fix team that remotely supports all video transport and devices in Charter Video Operations group. This team operates on the front lines for national and regional video device support for the entire Charter footprint as part of a team of engineers dedicated to resolving and mitigating issues with video throughout the entire nation. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make systems more efficient.
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM).
- Partner with Engineering to design and test system designs.
- Work with the field on the implementation of network related projects and other standardization efforts.
- Interact with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design flaws.
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one (1) years engineering work experience
- Minimum one (1) years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Minimum one (1) years of experience with internal/external direct customer contact in a technical environment (Headend, Network, Telecom, or Operations background)
- Must be able to work the following shift: Sunday thru Wednesday from 8PM to 7AM
- Strong knowledge and operational use of video surveillance systems and resolution implementation, following established operations procedures.
- Operational experience with building, grooming, and troubleshooting various linear and NextGen/OTT/TVE multiplexing, encoding and transcoding platforms such as Harmonic, Imagine, Arris and Ericsson.
- Basic understanding and experience with Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, Imagine BNPs and APEX1k-3k.
- Understanding of video network architecture, data networking, system operations, and HFC cable systems are required.
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving HLS & Smooth Streaming technologies.
- One or more of the following certifications: SCTE BTCS, SCTE Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), SBE SBNT (Certified Broadcast Networking Technologist), SBE-CTO (Certified Television Operator)
- Experience with IP multicast video in cable Headends, Hubs, industry vendors' a plus