- Participate in the testing of new firmware, software, and hardware supporting Charter's video solutions.
- Participate in a Tier 4, 7/24 on-call rotation for a week about every 5-6 weeks supporting escalations of video transport technical issues impacting customer experience
- Implement test plans to validate functional, performance, and business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for video acquisition, processing, and encoding solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and deployment of new test tools and automation frameworks.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, mentoring, and technical guidance to team members.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understand the technical roadmaps within Video Operations to ensure compliance with established technical solutions/architectures.
- Participate in the development of project cost estimates and schedule forecasts.
- Develop, design and implement video transportation solutions.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video transportation related projects.
- Support operations and work with vendors and engineering, as needed, to resolve customer or redundancy related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years of experience working within a video operations environment
- Minimum three (3) years video engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of video transportation experience
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Video acquisition, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation, using such equipment as: Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP1000/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, and Harmonic ProStreams and common cable CPE
- Advanced knowledge of Video Compression: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264, HEVC, J2K, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Compression: Dolby AC3, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC, etc.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching
- Perform network planning, architecture design, and configuration for Cisco routers and Juniper routers and switches, including device turn up.
- Experience with Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams including Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco CCNA, SBE Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE) , or Advanced DVB & MPEG Stream Structure, Analysis and Troubleshooting certification)
Interactive Video Engineer