JOB SCOPEResponsible for the cybersecurity of Charter's commercial and residential customer facing infrastructure (e.g. High Speed Internet, TV, Voice, Mobile and WiFi services) and associated technologies. Direct Managers and their team to continuously assess Charter's architectural designs, systems and processes for potential security weaknesses and provide guidance on risk mitigation strategies. Lead Charter's Cybersecurity Exception Review Board. Maintain Charter's Cybersecurity Compliance programs. Provide metrics to leadership on security risks. Strategically look for ways to continuously improve Charter's cybersecurity posture. Advises Network Operations leadership and Charter's CISO of cybersecurity threats and risks.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Directs Risk & Design team to provide security requirements and perform cybersecurity risk assessments on all new projects or doing any major system change.
- Directs Cybersecurity Compliance team and programs to maintain and update Charter's System Security Plan and Plan of Actions and Milestones.
- Communicate results of security risks identified to system owners and Leadership.
- Lead Charter's Security Exception Review Board when remediations cannot be completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the function's annual budget planning and reforecast. Approves related capital expenditures.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum seven (7) years of leadership experience
- Minimum seven (7) years of IT or Network work experience
- Minimum four (4) years of Information Security experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in vulnerability management and penetration testing.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST Standards (e.g. 800-53 and 800-171) and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and good presentation skills.
- A problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, strong process orientation and ability to manage through complexity and rapid change.
- After Hours work required during critical security events.
- Minimal travel is required to participate in industry events.
- Previous experience managing a Cybersecurity and/or Compliance team
- Current security certifications, such as CISSP, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), GIAC Certified Security Expert, Systems and Network Auditor, Defensible Security Architecture, Critical Controls or similar.