- Strong Technical Leader which will be responsible for mentoring and guiding Principal and Senior level engineering staff.
- Prioritizes work and establishes goals according to Engineering and corporate strategy.
- Expected to work collaboratively with peers (internally and externally), as well as, other organizations in order to solve problems and complete tasks.
- Responsible for resources allocation, budgetary forecasting, change/MOP approval and Operations Engineering Document Approval.
- Drives the design and coordination of Change Acceptance, Solution Acceptance and Support Continuation Decisioning.
- Responsible in monitoring and maintaining vendor SLA agreements.
- Accountable for managing outage update communications, internal task commitment dates and deployment go / no-go.
- Identifies and projects the LOE establishment.
- Ability to present to members of the organization, including Executive Leadership.
- Responsible for the hiring, and performance management of engineering staff, this includes: promotion and raise initiation.
- Drives and manages operations handoff readiness approval.
- Capable of leading and participating in succession planning for the Video Operations team.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the VP of IP Video Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of twelve (12) years' network / systems engineering experience
- Minimum of five (5) years' supervisory and/or management experience
- Minimum of five (5) years' of AWS and DevOps experience
- Previous project management and organizational leadership experience
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Strong ability to supervise and motivate others
- Knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, video delivery & other related technologies
- Strong knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions
- Working knowledge of IP Multi-cast
- Candidate must be available for network emergencies 7 x 24
- Masters Degree
- SCTE/BCTE certification or equivalent
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
- Office environment
- Limited Travel Required
Cloud Systems Engineer IV - IP Video Operations
Cloud Engineer IV - IP Video Operations