JOB SCOPE Develop, integrate, deploy, and promote continual service improvements of engineering practices to ensure stable delivery of solutions consistent with company initiatives and expectations. Direct project planning, capital budgeting and business plan development. Builds relationships with stakeholders to establish a productive customer-focused culture and ensures a high degree of cross functional communication in line with product deployment and support. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the Service Activation and Provisioning Operations strategic direction and management of multiple teams providing 24x7 support for order management, service provisioning, service activation, and data reconciliation systems, including databases and private/public cloud infrastructure, for all lines of business, including Mobile, Broadband, Landline Voice, and Video across residential and small/medium business across the national footprint.
- Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce results for exceptional customer experience.
- Oversees specific software systems support team providing strategies, design, transition and overall operations of Service Delivery application platforms and services.
- Provides application engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Drive continual service improvements with delivery and operations of the application platforms to improve operational effectiveness across Network Operations and company performance measures while ensuring alignment of business strategies with technical solutions.
- Performs liaison role and facilitates collaboration with cross-functional organizations (IT, Engineering, Field Operations, Customer Operations, Product, and 3rd Party Suppliers) to develop, interpret and deliver customer-facing solutions to production.
- Evaluate and consult with executive management regarding system operations, strategic planning of next generations products and solutions.
- Ensures data record maintenance, current procedures and compliance tests are performed in accordance with Federal Communication Commission Standards and other government agencies.
- Direct quality control programs for engineering operations and ensure consistent operational procedures.
- Partner with senior leadership on the continuing transformation of the service delivery and fulfillment into a customer-first driven organization.
- Manage and define operational maintenance agreements and SLAs with supporting partners.
- Review selections on bids for contracted projects, and provide recommendations as necessary.
- Direct capital budget process, execute approved budget plan.
- Lead and participate in succession planning.
- Perform other duties as requested by Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in application development and operations
- Minimum ten (10) years of telecommunication industry experience
- Minimum nine (9) years of Engineering and Operations Management experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Project Management experience
- Exceptional leadership and technical skills familiar with cable technologies and fulfillment and service delivery systems for large complex ecosystems.
- Thorough technical understanding of the design, architecture and implementation of COTS products for provisioning and activation (Oracle technologies and databases, WebLogic, AWS, Kubernetes, Hadoop)
- Demonstrated understanding of DevOps principles having a track record of transforming organizations
- Solid foundation and technical understanding of databases, algorithms and design patterns
- Possess a deep technical knowledge of UI/UX development, HTML5, CSS3, and API development
- Strong business acumen having the ability to lead large, cross-functional teams to achieve results
- Knowledge of all FCC and other government agencies compliance reports, rules and regulations
- Ability to operate customer facing production services at web scale, 24/7/365
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward and professional manner
- Possess effective communications skills including presentation skills
- Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Strategic and Organizational Agility
- SCTE/BCTE certification or equivalent
- Knowledge and industry experience of cable services
- Office environment
- Some travel required