JOB SCOPEThe Vice President, Service Operations is responsible for Network performance and availability (24/7 - 99.999% uptime) of the Core and Backbone network supporting all customer-focused applications and Network Infrastructure. This position is responsible for Network performance and ensuring world class service and availability of the Core and Backbone network supporting all customer-focused applications and infrastructure for video, STVA, HSI, and Telephony.Advises top management on enhancements to existing architecture performance and efforts to support the implementation of new systems. Provides strategic guidance to corporate and field management on R/S and optical issues. Responsibilities will include the management of the Change (Software upgrade), Problem, Event, and Incident Management functions within Core and Backbone operations. The role will focus on managing these functions with a goal of creating a cycle of continuous improvement in the areas of standards, software version, auto tickets, and alarming to include troubleshooting, device management, vendor management, and network support.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the Service Operations (ITIL) functions across the team including service management, change management, incident management, root cause analysis, release management, deployment management, configuration management, etc.
- Manage a team of multiple disciplined leaders and engineers primarily skilled in Route/Switch and Optical Networks. The team will be required to create, review, update, and follow best practices (quick reference guides) when it comes to our service operations functions.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Track the organizations key metrics (KPIs) and producing monthly operating reviews for senior management. The role will also oversee and influence the tools used and deployed in the organization.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organizations operations division.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Responsible for the management of both internal and external (vendor) technology teams and provide technical leadership in a national, 24/7 operations model.
- Foster a culture of consistency, accountability and continuous improvement.
- Attract and retain highly effective management and supervisory staff through mentoring, coaching, development, appraisal and motivation techniques.
- Manage vendor relationships, including vendor performance, service agreements and negotiations.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- This position manages a large team of "operators" including Sr./Directors, Principals, Managers, and Engineers.
- Provides engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Ensures field compliance with corporate engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Analyzes performance data to drive improvements through methods and procedures, network management protocols, platform enhancements, and vendor performance management.
- Creates culture of innovation and continuous drive for performance improvements with direct, matrix and third parity team members and vendor partners.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of Multi-dimensional leadership experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Enterprise Level Route/Switch, DWDM Optical Systems, and associated Alarming/Monitoring Technologies
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Network Operations or Development
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams to achieve business goals and results
- Ability to communicate with all Senior and Executive level audience
- Solid foundation in network and alarming/SNMP/Splunk operations
- In-depth understanding end-to-end network solutions and related protocols
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Excellent cognitive and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Ability to serve as a visionary and think strategically.
- Ability to lead large change initiatives.
- Ability to foster teamwork and build a strong culture of collaboration.
- Ability to create detailed business cases in support of strategic and operating initiatives.
- Proven track record of developing staff and maintaining a high standard of employee relations
- Office environment
- Travel required