JOB SCOPEResponsible for the deployment, operation and restoration of video products and solutions. Drive strategic direction and management of the video operations staff across various platforms, in various locations, with varying degrees of technology. Deploy and ensure consistent, structured and disciplined practices to ensure stable product delivery consistent with company initiatives and expectations. Support Regional and market operations to ensure unparalleled customer experience. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Video Operations team supporting VOD Content Management, VOD content ingest/ distribution systems, VOD CDN / delivery systems to ensure optimal performance
- Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Direct quality control programs for video operations and ensure consistent operational procedures
- Liaison between Product, Engineering, Video Operations, and Charter Media
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Provide Engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operations initiatives
- Assist in management and execution of products and projects driven by video product and engineering
- Research issue and resolution of action items as needed and directed by Charter
- Partner with Inside Plant Operations to ensure the maintenance of records as required by the Federal Communications Commission and other government agencies.
- Ensure that all engineers have an active development plan and are progressing in their skill sets.
- Ensure effective outage management and drive issues to root cause including lessons learned, surveillance enhancements & prevention
- Oversee lifecycle management of field hardware and software
- Ensure adherence to company TQA policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct management experience
- Minimum of two (2) years working within an technical Operations team
- Minimum of two (2) years of Engineering work experience
- Strong ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to lead a team of highly technical engineers and managers. Advanced ability to work with internal/external clients, various operation support groups, vendors, carriers and utilize all network tools and resources to resolve trouble tickets assigned. Advanced knowledge of Video Solutions
- Knowledge of Conditional Access and Switched Digital Video Systems
- Strong knowledge of session based video architectures (VOD, SDV and CDN) and operational support models
- Knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & IP Video Delivery solutions
- Intermediate knowledge of IP Multi-cast
- Advanced knowledge/operational background as either a team member of another Operations Center, NOC or Computer Operator
- Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN design and operations