SourceParamount Software Solutions, Inc
Job Id: 56992 Title: HCD Analyst Location: Remote, Lakewood, CO Duration: 12 Months Description:The Human-Centered Design (HCD) Specialist will advocate for the needs of people that are impacted by a program (often referred to as living experts or end-users) and develop solutions that meet their needs. This person is self-motivated, committed to learning and interested in gaining experience across the end-to-end design process. They will receive mentorship and will gain experience applying HCD principles to real-world scenarios. This person should understand foundational HCD principles and should be passionate about creating a strong user experience, have an eye for consistency, and a knack for simplifying complex topics. They should be committed to equity and inclusion so that the government services they help to design are accessible and valuable for all people of Colorado. Primary Duties Include
- Incorporate HCD into modern software development practices (eg. agile, kanban, etc.), coordinating with a cross-functional team to achieve a strategic vision.
- Integrate human-centered principles in day-to-day work, fostering a shared understanding of the intersection between design, content, the organization and engineering.
- Conduct design research (both generative and evaluative) that is thoughtful, ethical and uses an appropriate method.
- Synthesize discovery research into a strategic approach.
- Communicate compelling stories and artifacts drawn from research that illustrate the pros and cons of various options to support collaborative decision making.
- Support participatory design activities by helping to facilitate sessions with living experts.
- Demonstrated understanding of Human-Centered Design and Agile.
- Experience applying HCD principles to a problem.
- Experience working collaboratively.
- Previous professional experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Self-motivated and able to effectively manage time and tasks.
- Ability to solve complex problems, participate in continuous improvement, and adapt to the ideas of others.
- Ability to work effectively with key stakeholders, speak and write authoritatively and compellingly, resolve communication problems, and negotiate and manage competing interests.
- Ability to speak a secondary language other than English.