SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Job DescriptionSeeking a motivated Heavy Highway Civil Construction Project Manager for Design Build Bridge Projects!We offer top benefits and a family friendly environmentDuties and Responsibilities
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Serves as liaison between client/owner and the corporation.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with project owners, subcontractors, suppliers, and industry professionals.
- Prepare and submit all owner required paperwork.
- Track project costs to maintain budget and profitability.
- Train, develop and mentor Superintendents, Foremen and trade craft employees to improve skills sets and prepare for promotion. Review plans, specifications and shop drawings for accuracy, compliance and construction feasibility.
- 3-5 years of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret project plans, specifications, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and RFI's. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Project software; Spreadsheet software; Viewpoint accounting software preferred; P6 scheduling software and Hard Dollar estimating software also preferred.
- A Project Manager oversees 1-3 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 3 to 10 employees each. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises 1 to 10 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- A successful candidate will have experience working for public transportation departments.