SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceInformation Management Group
OverviewIMG - provides information technology (IT), information assurance (IA), and visual communication services to government and commercial customers worldwide - is hiring a full-time Tier III Network Technician with TS/SCI at its Colorado Springs, CO location.Founded in 1987, IMG is a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through. We consistently provide customer focused professional services, which ensures our company is recognized for continually exceeding expectations. We believe that at the core of our success stand our people. Our people have provided professional services in the Information Technology field for our customers with a commitment to customer satisfaction for over 30 years.Responsibilities
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Ability to collaborate with similar network engineers across the globe troubleshooting network operational issues.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex network problems while meeting service level agreements with customer.
- May provide work leadership or training to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Analyze network logs and perform debugging of network system issues.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 3+ years of Cisco or Juniper network experience, certifications preferred CCNP, or higher.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, network cabling, and other network related hardware.
- Working knowledge of network technologies and protocols including Trunking, VTP, Layer 2 & 3 Port-channels, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VRF's, and MPLS.
- Knowledge of Hierarchical Network, Leaf-Spin, and Multi-layer network design for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge to perform packet capture analysis and troubleshooting performance issues.
- Working knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications for troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of network monitoring using SNMP protocol and system logging.
- Experience working with government and military defense.
- Knowledge of Cisco Voice and Conferencing technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of ISIS routing and multicast routing.
- Working experience with trouble ticketing systems like ServiceNow.
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint for knowledge management.
- Knowledge of Splunk, Wireshark, Microfocus NA & NNMi, or Netscout is useful, but not mandatory.
- Experience with crypto logical devices like: KG-350, KG-175G, KG-175X, but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networks (SDN) management technologies like Netconf, Restconf, and Yang.
- Some basic knowledge of programming languages like Python and experience with Linux operating systems would be a plus.
- High School Diploma + 9 years
- Associate's Degree + 7 years
- Bachelor's Degree + 5 years
- Master's Degree + 3 years
- PhD + 0 years
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 20 days of personal leave plus paid federal holidays
- Professional development and training assistance