SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Position/Job Title: Space T&E Engineer (Senior) Work Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado Job Summary: The Space T&E Engineer (Senior) plans, coordinates, analyzes, executes, and reports on space systems testing. The Test Engineer provides integrated engineering support for design reviews, test strategy development, and test planning working groups, and other similar test related forum. The Test Engineer shall possess experience with test, analysis, and/or experimentation of space systems or military systems including space operations or test control room experience. They have the experience either developing proprietary/internal tools or using commercial test and space M&S tools such as Satellite Took Kit (STK) to evaluate space architectures, sensors, and/or communications. The Space Test Engineer has technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Space System Architectures, Satellite and Ground Segment design, EO/IR/RF Sensors, Astrodynamics, Propulsion, Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC), Space-related data communications, or Space Battle Management and Control. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Designing, developing, and executing advanced test programs and processes to assess space systems using design of experiment methodologies.
- Creating/reviewing test engineering documentation: Test plans, Test Information Sheets, Safety Packages, Data Analysis. Management Plans, Technical and Safety Review Board Briefs, Test Readiness Briefs, Test Cards, and Test/Analysis Reports and test results briefs.
- Executing advanced, highly complex, test simulations & scenarios to evaluate how systems react under different conditions and analyzing system to assess the system performance, effectiveness and suitability of system.
- Monitoring the gathering of test data including M&S data, real-time performance parameter
- Evaluating test results to determine if system configurations and architecture meets customer specifications, performance, effectivity, and suitability.
- Creating Test Reports/Presentations of complex data sets.
- Initiating, supervising, and/or developing requirements from a project's inception to conclusion for complex to extremely complex programs
- Providing strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff
- Providing detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, and/or maintenance efforts for client-specific or mission critical challenges/issues
- Consulting with clients to define need or problem
- Supervising studies and leading surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions
- Master of Arts/Master of Science/Master of Engineering (MA/MS/ME) degree with a minimum of 15 years' of relevant DoD work experience
- 5+ years experience in a SAP and/or SCI environment within the last five (5) years
- Recognized industry leader for area of expertise with strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Proven ability to be innovative and creative and capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Ability to work autonomously and interface easily with senior leadership and other team members
- Aerospace/industry strategy experience