More and more of our clients, especially Fintechs, are looking for more flexible, modular FX and Settlement solutions to differentiate themselves in the market via new consumer experiences. Visa is uniquely positioned to provide its Treasury capabilities to these clients to address these needs. Our current capabilities need to evolve from a “one size fits all” to enhance flexibility of our cross border products and solutions and to support our vision of becoming a network of networks, serving new types of clients and payment flows. Treasury as a Service will drive this evolution in close collaboration with Visa’s Product function.
The Vice President, Treasury as a Service, will lead the Treasury team and collaborate closely with Product. It is anticipated that the VP will initially be supported by a three-member team, however as the products and solutions gain traction we expect the team will need to grow. In addition, TaaS needs to work in a matrixed fashion drawing on expertise across Treasury and Technology. The team will consist of a dedicated FX Product Solutions expert, a dedicated Settlement Solutions expert and a generalist. The FX Product Solutions lead will be the subject matter expert on Visa’s FX capabilities, the FX marketplace and potential solutions for clients. The Settlement Solutions lead will be the subject matter expert on Visa’s settlement capabilities including financial settlement flows, understanding liquidity and technology constraints related to settlement and creating adaptive processes for new flows in a network of networks environment.
The Product team, led by a VP, Product Lead, TaaS, is responsible for productizing and commercializing the TaaS solutions the cross-functional team prioritizes based on client needs, Visa capabilities and the potential return on the investment. The product team will also be responsible for understanding market needs, identifying opportunities, collaborating on product roadmaps, and ultimately be responsible for the commercialization of these services. The Treasury team will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise and developing the products in alignment with the roadmaps and in collaboration with technology, that will delight the client and resolve their pain points.Role Description
Reporting directly into the SVP and Treasurer, theVice President, Global Treasury, Treasury as a Service will be a globally oriented finance executive responsible for all aspects of developing and executing our Treasury as a Service (TaaS) initiative. This role will work closely with the global and regional product organizations and regional account executives, as well as Client Services. Additionally, the VP, TaaS will ideally have an expert knowledge of the broader Treasury function including settlement, FX and liquidity management while also having an entrepreneurial and business development mindset. The Vice President, TaaS will initially have three team members, but we would expect the team to grow as products are deployed and generating value in the form of new revenue or more deeply embedding us with clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide consultancy and subject matter expertise on Treasury activities and services both internally for the product team but also serve as an advisor to our external clients in resolving their FX and treasury settlement issues
- Lead and direct daily operational support to TaaS FX and Settlement products and services including any reporting, fx execution outside of BAU for core product, API development, etc
- Own TaaS FX related P&L including: internal resources, third party investments and revenue
- Identify and engage with banking partners, financial institutions and central banks to the extent needed or requested by account executives globally
- Partner with strategy and product to prioritize use cases for the various FX and Settlement products in market and in development
- Continuously collaborate and partner with Product, Risk, Technology and others to implement TaaS solutions
- Implement an appropriate governance structure to maximize effectiveness of the cross-functional team
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
The successful candidate will have had at least fifteen years of finance experience, gained within a large global Fortune 500 company and/or the banking industry, ideally with several years of experience in a foreign exchange and/or treasury capacity. S/he will be a “best athlete” and possess a breadth of finance skills and intellectual horsepower to provide strategic financial leadership for a global, complex publicly-traded business. S/he will be a hungry, agile and effective hands-on leader who can manage and develop a team within a matrix environment while also having an impact on the leadership of the overall Treasury function at Visa.
The candidate will also have expertise in global financial settlement and payments industry. S/he must possess superior interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization and across different cultures on complex topics.
Visa’s global nature will also demand that the successful candidate be able to successfully champion the centralized coordination of fx and settlement product activities across its regional teams. S/he must be outcome-oriented and proactively anticipate the strategic needs of the business. The successful candidate must have the ability to lead, motivate and professionally develop members of the team and be able to influence outside the chain of command.
Critically, the successful candidate will be a collaborator by nature with the ability to build immediate credibility and influence both internal and external constituents. S/he will be business-enabling and commercially-oriented to unify the finance function with the business at large.
In terms of the competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- A proven track record of working in treasury, preferably with an expertise in FX.
- Experience as an effective change agent.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think strategically and anticipate client needs in order to drive new solutions to the market.
- Demonstrated strategic financial leadership related to generating revenue, managing liquidity, and reducing currency risk.
- Motivation and initiative to take ownership, set aggressive business goals and drive results, along with a sense of gravitas and experience regarding business strategy.
- Leadership skills, including an ability to attract and develop talent and manage performance, globally.
- Solid executive presence and relationship cultivation skills both internally (e.g., executives and segment leaders) and externally (e.g., clients and third party service providers).
- Effective communication skills, including an ability to both listen and articulate complex concepts to different audiences, resulting in action-oriented outcomes.
- A sense of urgency in all business matters.
The successful candidate will also have the following performance and personal competencies:Drive for Results: The successful candidate must be able to deliver results in the organization and have an eagerness to excel. He or she will be well-versed in performance management and be a strong business partner to other senior leaders. S/he will be effective at proactively instilling a strong sense of accountability across the organization. Communication and Impact:This individual must be a clear, concise communicator who quickly gets to the heart of issues and focuses on what matters through direct presentation or facilitation. S/he must be a strong, credible representative of the management team internally and externally with an ability to influence people and results. Additionally, s/he must be able to put issues ‘on the table’ and constructively resolve conflicts in a way that focuses on the issue. Learning and Intellect:This executive will have advanced problem-solving skills (critical thinking, creativity and innovation) and be naturally curious, as well as nimble. Prior payments, financial services or technology industry experience, is required. People and Team Leader:This individual will effectively lead by example. S/he must have a strong competitive drive and the ability to motivate the organization. S/he will build effective teams committed to organizational goals with particular focus on developing future leaders of the Company. S/he will establish rapport and effective relationships, and let people be responsible for their work, sharing wins and successes. Collaboration is vital in this role and s/he must instill a collaborative work ethic across his/her team. Provide clear objectives for the team and manage activities and performance against those goals. Attract, retain and develop top tier talent to provide a pipeline of future leaders for the finance organization. Relationship and Interpersonal Skills:S/he must be able to build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace. S/he must have the ability to work cross-functionally at all levels within the organization to resolve issues and generate results among potentially conflicting constituencies. Importantly, this individual needs to align with and be a visible example of Visa’s core values, and hold others to the same standards without exception. Integrity:This individual holds him/herself to high standards—no exceptions. S/he has the courage of owning his or her own convictions and following through on commitments despite difficulties or complications.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Vice President of Sourcing
Vice President, Head of Commercial Colleges, Visa University
Clean up/Set up- Lead Person
Backend / Microservices Engineer (Global / Remote)