Job DescriptionThis role works out of our Headquarters in Redwood City, CA. Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic Guardant Health has temporarily classified this role as ‘working from home status’, scheduled to return onsite at HQ when it is determined safe to do so. About the role:
The Bioinformatics, BioPharma team at Guardant Health is focused on developing partnerships with leading biotech and pharma companies who are at the forefront of cancer therapeutics and diagnostics. As these partnerships progress to companion diagnostic (CDx) opportunities, they require technical and genomics leadership to ensure successful biomarker design and strategy.
In this role, you will manage and lead these collaborations from a technical perspective. You will be responsible for the success of BioPharma CDx studies across multiple partners and multiple biomarker investigations. You will work with partners to understand and develop specific biomarker needs, tailor biomarker analyses for each application, and tackle some of the most interesting biological and technical questions related to translational research in the pharmaceutical industry.
You will work closely with multiple teams across Guardant Health, including Bioinformatics, Clinical Development, Business Development, Technology Development, and Regulatory. You will gain first-hand experience working with experts in each of these areas to accomplish projects related to Guardant Health’s BioPharma CDx business. You will work closely with our collaborators in industry on high-impact translational and CDx projects using Guardant Health tests. You will have access to the unprecedented compendium of data collected at Guardant Health and you will be able to (and should be excited to!) leverage this data for tumor biology and biomarker insights.Skills/Experience:
· 5+ years relevant experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry
· Experience working in a highly regulated environment, ideally on a companion diagnostic
· Extensive knowledge of cancer genomics and molecular biology
· Expertise in scripting language – R and/or Python and linux shell environment
· Excellent data analysis skills
· Experience with NGS data a plus
· Great communication and presentation skills, ability to present clearly and effectively to cross-functional internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced startup environment
· Strong project organization skills, ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong team player: the ability to work cross-functionally and externally across institutions, to accomplish your goalsEducation:
PhD in bioinformatics, cancer genomics or related fields, or M.S. plus 8+ years relevant experience
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs
Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist, Lunar BioPharma Collaborations
Used Car Manager - Concord Honda
Security Compliance Manager, Payments
Security Program Manager, Square Financial Services
Security Compliance Manager, Financial Services