SalaryUSD $130,000 - $150,000 per year 130000 - 150000 per year
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Emily OlingerAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $130,000 - $150,000 per yearA bit about us:We are a leader in specialty surgery and patient positioning including specialty surgical tables for spinal, orthopedic, trauma, and general surgery. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer experienced in medical product design to design our operating room equipment. Sound like you? Apply today! Location: Union City, CA Level: SeniorWhy join us?
- Full Medical, Vision, and Dental (PPO and HMO)
- Bonus program
- 401k matching
- FSA, Pet Insurance, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance
- PTO and all major holidays
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Discounts at partnered retailers (gym, phones, etc.)
- Design operating room equipment including patient support structures, electromechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic actuators, and accessories.
- Design metal, plastic, and carbon composite patient support structures for use in operating rooms meeting requirements for stiffness, strength, stability, reliability, and cost.
- Design user actuated mechanisms and electro-mechanical drive trains to articulate these structures to optimize patient positioning, surgical access, and applied traction.
- Contribute to product innovation via out-of-box thinking and drives product concepts to production.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely design history documentation, including testing methods.
- Participate with New Product Introduction (NPI) to assure product designs are optimized for manufacturing.
- Evaluate field input from Service and Marketing regarding product performance.
- Participate in vendor selection, sustaining engineering, QC inspection, and material review board activities.
- Understand, follow and support our internal Quality System policies, procedures, and work instructions including but not limited to applicable external regulations (21 Code of Federal Regulations Part 820 Quality System Regulations and applicable International Standards).
- Senior level experience in design with an emphasis on medical product design.
- CAD Software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Electromechanical design including motor selection, couplings, bearings, gearbox design, drivetrain integration, sensor integration, electronics packaging.
- Structure design via hand calculations.
- Mechanism design including cams, linkages, actuators, mechanical attachments, jigs, fixtures.