Salary$70 - $100,000 per year
Biotechnology company in Orange County in need of a Research Associate - Full-time, great benefits, 401(k) match, FSA/HSA, PTO,This Jobot Job is hosted by: Michael MontevideoAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $70 - $100,000 per yearA bit about us:Since 1994, we have been led by a vision to have a positive impact in the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity. Our innovative sample collection reagents, kits and devices have been used all over the World; even to protect biological samples from space with NASA. Most recently, DNA/RNA Shield was awarded the first 510(k)-cleared transport medium for COVID-19 testing and COVID-19 variant sequencing service. Start your good science today by upgrading the quality and preservation of your samples with our sample collection kits, devices and reagentsWhy join us?We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Lean Process Engineer. If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want you! This position is full-time and is based in the Research and Development Headquarters in Irvine, CA.Job DetailsEssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure activities are in compliance with ISO9001 quality systems
- Prepare documentation and SOP for validation
- Perform validations of equipment and processes used in manufacturing
- Assist in development, review and approval of process and equipment validation/qualifications (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Support product transfers to other plants/facilities.
- Participate in the company quality system continuous improvement.
- Analyze and interpret results
- Maintain consistent records
- 5+ years of 5S lean/six sigma manufacturing experience
- Certifications highly preferred
- Developing methods for new and improved processes for manufacturing
- Conducting tests and monitoring the process and performance throughout production
- Experience in writing and implementing SOPs
- Troubleshooting problems associated with manufacturing processes
- Optimizes productivity by designing, implementing, and testing new procedures.
- Assembles reports to document process status and changes.,
- Tracks metrics to discover areas for improvement and monitor for upgrades.
- Communicates findings and proposals to management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Basic understanding and/or exposure to SIX SIGMA and LEAN Methodologies Environment (Practices, Methods, Procedures).