Job#: 1255983 Job Description: Apex Systems is hiring NOW in Sunnyvale, CA. Check out the info below and if interested, send your most up to date resume to Krystyna at ! Interview as early as this week! Role: Lab TechLocation: Onsite, Sunnyvale, CAContract Length: 6 months, may extend to a year.Start Date: 5/23Pay: $25/hrDay-to-day responsibilities:
- Collects samples from locations within the Water Pollution Control Plant for operational decisions regarding treatment or process control in accordance with Federal, State and Local requirements.
- Performs physical, chemical and bacteriological analyses of potable water, wastewater or industrial waste samples using analytical techniques or instruments in accordance with approved protocols or methods.
- Maintains records of physical, chemical and bacteriological tests performed on samples.
- Prepares reagents, solutions and media for chemical and bacteriological analyses.
- Participates in quality assurance and quality control programs.
- Cleans laboratory equipment and glassware and maintains such in a neat and orderly condition.
- Performs preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment and instruments; calibrates and certifies safety equipment for proper usage and keeps detailed records on each piece.
- Performs work assignments in accordance with appropriate safety rules, regulations and, when necessary, emergency procedures
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to two (2) years of college chemistry or related field, with at least 20 semester units in chemistry, and one (1) year experience equivalent to a Lab Tech in an Environmental Lab.
- Chemistry (nice to have is environmental chemistry)
- Waste Water Analysis (nice to have analytical background)
PC Hardware/ Inventory Technician
Data Center Lab Technician
Product Verification Technician
Quality Assurance Technician