Job#: 1266855 Job Description: Apex Systems is looking for an Animal Health Technologist in the South San Francisco area for one of our largest biotech clients! For immediate consideration, please send your most recent resume to Taylor at !Animal Health TechnologistLocation:SSF, CACompetitive Pay Responsibilities: With limited supervision, the successful candidate will function as part of the Veterinary Team that is responsible for maintaining and implementing quality assurance programs to provide animal health and care according to established procedures within the Animal Resources department. This includes providing clinical veterinary care of laboratory animals, health monitoring and diagnostics, and training of scientists and staff. In addition, the individual will provide research support, including anesthesia, surgical and post-surgical care, necropsy, sterilization of equipment, ordering and maintaining veterinary supplies. The individual will also conduct post-approval monitoring of research activities and ensure compliance with standard laboratory animal care and use regulations. Requirements:
- Experience in aseptic technique, anesthesia, and post-operative care.
- Familiar with clinical case management in a research or veterinary hospital setting.
- Fully proficient in mouse, rat, guinea pig and rabbit biomethodology, including handling, restraint, and dosing.
- Experience in training/teaching individuals (technicians, investigators) in various lab animal techniques, monitor their progress and conduct reassessments as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have proven ability to successfully work independently and in a team. Must be able to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must be detail-oriented.
- Experience with computers and data management systems.
- This position may include activities that might pose potential risks, such as working with and around biological agents, chemical carcinogens, human tumor lines, radioisotopes, and other potentially hazardous materials.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) or other special equipment to perform job duties.
- Must be capable of standing, lifting, kneeling, bending, reaching, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Available to conduct other duties, as instructed by the Veterinary Staff.
- Registered/Licensed Veterinary Technician (RVT, LVT,CVT), BS or BA degree in Animal Science or other related programs.
- AALAS Certification, at minimum Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT); LATG preferred.