SourceThe Walt Disney Company
Disney Streaming's Technology Governance, Compliance, and PMO team are seeking a Compliance Reliability Engineering Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our team. We are looking for a CRE Manager to lead, scale, and develop our CRE team that continues to focus on automation strategies and integrations to enable security and compliance monitoring and governance activities over our complex technology tools and platforms.The person chosen for this roll will partner closely with software developers, platform engineers, architects, site reliability engineers, product management, and information security professionals to design and architect solutions to build self-serve capabilities for the security and compliance organization.This position can be located near one of Disney's Hubs in California, Washington, New York and Florida.Responsibilities :
- SRE role, with a focus on Compliance Reliability
- Perform at Active Development Manager level; requiring daily hands-on contributions in tandem with managerial expectations
- Partner with various engineering teams to design and build automated tooling and integrations to support security and compliance monitoring and audit management functions.
- Manage, mentor, and grow the CRE team, currently a team of 3 reliability engineers.
- Automate processes and procedures to increase efficiencies and improve developer experience.
- Define/improve/operate/track innovative processes to support the reliability of our service.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods to integrate or monitor support for large-scale distributed systems.
- Be a strong technical mentor. This is a technical position, and you will be required to work in code.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with partner teams; creating opportunities to contribute to the success of others or leverage their efforts to achieve internal goals.
- Develop and maintain internal tooling and building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, and reliability.
- Collaborate efficiently with engineering teams and other partners across Disney Streaming to gather requirements, develop solutions, provide visibility, and drive adoption.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a team-focused approach towards software development and operations.
- Understands the DevOps philosophy and advocates for DevOps practices.
- Motivation to take initiative and own projects.
- Strong passion for automation, testing, and code quality.
- 4+ years of software development experience designing and building scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime distributed systems from the ground up.
- Experience working in a mix of AWS/Cloud and Enterprise data center environments.
- Experience with CI/CD platforms and tooling using kubernetes, jenkins, artifactory, github, etc.
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure configuration tooling
- Familiarity with observability technologies such as distributed tracing, metrics, logging, dashboards, monitoring, and alerting.
- Strong proficiency in at least one widely-used programming language (Golang, Java, Python, Scala, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux development environments.
- Experience developing and operating infrastructure systems and services