SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceThe First American Corporation
Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob SummaryProvides technical computer support to end-users for PC, server or mainframe applications, hardware, telecom and telephony services by responding to and diagnosing problems through discussion with users. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up steps. Escalates problems to next level as appropriate and may follow-up to obtain final resolution to close ticket. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates, recreates or remotely accesses users' systems to identify user problems to resolve operating difficulties.Essential Functions
- Assists with answering first level calls to Service Desk.
- Tracks calls and documents issues into IT Service Management software.
- Services as escalation point to provide accurate and creative solutions to customer problems of serious and critical nature to ensure customer productivity.
- Delegates and monitors workflow for the department.
- Follows Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodology at a KCS 2+ level.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant products (software and hardware) and support policies in order to provide accurate solutions to customers.
- Provides feedback to the Supervisor on the performance and attitudes of department staff.
- Enhances and develops quality support methods and communication skills through coaching, feedback, quality monitoring and other developmental approaches.
- Coordinates and leads Service Desk special projects, project testing and advanced issue and problem resolution.
- Serves as escalation point for on-call rotation for critical response to after hour customer calls.
- Assists in maintaining Service Desk e-mail, chat and web portal(s) by reading, opening/documenting information into ITSM tickets and resolving or escalating to proper person or department.
- May perform additional duties relating to specific First American applications as assigned.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Proven excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette.
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills and telephone etiquette.
- Strong leadership and delegation skills.
- Ability to set Service Desk standards and develop guidelines, as well as help others interpret policy.
- Broad range of current enterprise technologies such as network, desktop, mainframe, telephony and VOIP (voice over internet protocol) knowledge is required.
- Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Intermediate knowledge of System Administration functions.
- This position requires a high degree of discretion and judgment.
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent work related experience required
- College degree preferred
- Typically 5-7 years of directly related experience (such as computer systems or IT support) within a service desk/technical support environment.
- Previous supervisory or lead experience required.
- HDI Support Center Analyst or Support Center Team Lead Preferred
Lead Service Desk Analyst