SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceThe First American Corporation
Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob SummaryFirst American is looking for an experienced researcher to contribute to our qualitative and quantitative research functions. You'll conduct research that helps inform each stage of the product development lifecycle to drive cross-functional decision-making with mountains of data-driven evidence. Remote work available.Essential Functions
- Ability to translate business questions to key research objectives, leveraging the best methodology to execute research, to synthesize and analyze findings.
- Adapt methods to the research question at hand using a range of methods, weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data and empathy- informed understanding.
- Communicate clearly and confidently with stakeholders to execute critical insights that align with the business top needs and timelines.
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy.
- Design and execute end-to-end custom primary research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of business impact, UX, HCI, and social science.
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through ambiguous and fast-changing environments.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the appropriate methodology.
- Select how to invest your time and guide the team on which research tradeoffs are acceptable given the business question and timelines.
- Ability to explain metric analysis and analytical decisions clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
- Competence in key quantitative methodologies, e.g. card sorting and surveys.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Solid understanding of Design Thinking, Agile, Lean and DevOps Principles.
- Proven fluency in a wide array of mixed-method research methodologies.
- Experience with personas, empathy mapping, road-mapping and other user experience methodologies.
- Experience in outcome-based delivery being business and solution focused.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to emergent problems
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define business and technical parameters.
- BA/BS in Computer Science with a focus on Human Computer Interaction and or Design
- MS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Experimental Psychology, or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of experience conducting product research, user experience (UX) research, or research in an applied setting
- Certificate in Design Thinking preferred.