SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceThe First American Corporation
Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob SummaryWork from Home! This role can be remote, with preference to West Coast states / Pacific time zoneThe team is on an exciting transformation journey and moving from the classic support model to the site reliability engineering model. We are looking for a person who has prior Site Reliability Engineering (SRE ) experience on the on-premise and cloud technologies. We are in search of an engineer who has lived and thrived during the transformation journey by not just following the work directed, but by the virtue of thinking out-of-the-box and working on developing monitoring applications and taking up deep dives into issues. We prefer candidates who have prior experience in supporting applications in the AWS cloud.Essential Functions
- Efficiently handle live production incidents, debug/troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues, follow and implement SRE best practices.
- Monitor and analyze production data/telemetry to pinpoint performance issues or errors, and best ensure production stability
- Provide frequent and clear communication to application stakeholders during outages and issues.
- Understand application code, deep dive, and conduct root cause analysis of application problems to prevent future occurrence.
- Recommend architecture to increase resiliency in application, with special focus on 3rd party dependencies to prevent cascade failures.
- Further collaborate with development and operations team to ensure availability and reliability of the application and infrastructure.
- Serve as an escalation point for other Systems Administrators, Engineers, and other technology teams in the resolution of server and system problems.
- Fine tune existing tools develop new custom internal tools for application monitoring and automate.
- Maintain effective knowledge base and runbooks to bring faster resolution to production issues.
- Provide weekend on-call rotation for production support.
- Constantly update personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentor others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team.
- Provide stellar organizational support, customer support, and self-manage project initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in application and technical support role in live production environment following Development, DevOps, and SRE best practices.
- Experience developing and supporting web-based applications, webservices, and database driven applications using Microsoft Technologies C#, .Net 4.5, Azure DevOps, & SQL Server 2016.
- Deep experience in monitoring and analyzing infrastructure performance using standard performance monitoring tools - Perfmon, PerfView, ProcDump, DebugDiag, etc.
- Extensive experience with configuring and monitoring via tools such as Cloudwatch, AppDynamics, ELK, Splunk, AppDynamics, Microsoft SCOM, Windows Processes, etc.
- Experience in API management tools like Mulesoft, Mashery, Akana a plus.
- Experience with automation using PowerShell, Python scripting or similar technologies a plus.
- Experience with AWS cloud products and services preferred