SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Software Engineer 2 - Frontend, Uber Health and CentralCalifornia, Sanfrancisco, 94105 Sanfrancisco USA
Uber for Business (U4B) is Uber's strategic focus on enterprise business and Uber Health and Uber Central are the two key fastest growing verticals under U4B. As a software engineer 2 - frontend on Uber Health and Central team, you will be contributing to web frontend systems that powering those two products, designing reliable, scalable and extensible components that support new features and launching high business impact and technical challenging projects along with a great cross functional team.This is an opportunity and challenge to make an impact in the real world using exciting and new technologies. You will work in small, multidisciplinary teams, releasing code to end users as fast as possible. This is a rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. Moreover, we're moving real people (and people indeed need more help on the Uber Health side) and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.More specifically, Uber Health is a HIPAA compliant technology solution that's helped tens of thousands of patients and caregivers get to and from care leveraging Uber as the non-emergency medical transportation. Uber Central helps businesses keep their customers and guests moving with powerful features in one dashboard, magically with no Uber app or smartphone required.We are a tight knit group of passionate and talented engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture. Visit Uber for Business to learn more.What you will do
- As a software engineer 2 - frontend on Uber Health and Central team, you will design and build web-based products, integrate with APIs and backend systems that target new audiences and high business impact scenarios. You will architect, build, launch, and improve products that touch the lives of millions of riders and patients globally.
- You will work with a group of talented engineers along with a cross functional team (e.g., Product Managers ,Designers, Data Scientists, Product Operations, Business Team) to add features to Uber Health and Uber Central products.
- Sounds awesome? Come join us and help fuel the future of transportation.
- 2+ years relevant engineering experience in successfully designing and building reusable and scalable web systems addressing real world challenging problems.
- Strong system architecture design skills, solid algorithm knowledge and CS fundamentals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience in a similar field
- Hands-on experience on development of HIPAA compliant systems.
- High bar for quality as proven by code reviews, documentation, unit and integration testing